Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cali Cats - so that we can be PC ( Politically Correct ).

So how many people take their cats away with them in the van, and how do you stop them running away???

So how many people take their cats away with them in the van, and how do you stop them running away???
Not ours. Come nighttime he's off, unless it's lashing done. Anything over a weekend then off to the local cattery which he loves.

When we had 2 cars both travelled in their boxes whilst in the move. They both had trackers in collars (next to useless) whilst in van had free run (doors closed) when parked up. If awning was deployed both in leads (took some time to get them used to it) so then had free ish run around awning. Litter tray deployed in corner of awning. Been doing thus since 2009

When we had 2 cars both travelled in their boxes whilst in the move. They both had trackers in collars (next to useless) whilst in van had free run (doors closed) when parked up. If awning was deployed both in leads (took some time to get them used to it) so then had free ish run around awning. Litter tray deployed in corner of awning. Been doing thus since 2009
Wow, I had no idea people took them away.

Not a hope in hell in our house; far too independent and outdoorsy to allow us to try a lead...they will not keep a collar on for love nor money!

Meet Mia & Winston, 2yr old siblings, in a rare hug as they are usually play fighting ;)
803D12DD-8A6E-4ED6-8485-7B482EFA05B1.jpeg

Wow, I had no idea people took them away.

Not a hope in hell in our house; far too independent and outdoorsy to allow us to try a lead...they will not keep a collar on for love nor money!

Meet Mia & Winston, 2yr old siblings, in a rare hug as they are usually play fighting ;)
View attachment 75786
We were the same - started with collar for 10 minutes then 20 and so on for weeks and weeks until they never noticed. We are down to one cat now and she hates the collar, but loves sitting outside so lives with it.
Both our cats were/are house cats so for a while did not leave the door of the then motorhome, but as soon as they spotted a bird they then sat in the awning all day watching life go by. We also got lots of visitors asking all about travelling with cats. To date travelled across EU, UK and Ireland without hassle.

PS nice looking cats.

So, we've all read about the trials and tribulations of Cali owners with dogs, which waterproof covers, where does the dog/dogs sleep, cages, leads and ground anchors etc etc etc.
What do Cali owners do with their Feline head of the household when away for weekends or longer?
Our Max started life as a house cat in London. When we inherited him, my son and his new wife emigrated to Australia, Max had never been in a garden and when he discovered the woods and fields beyond the garden hedge he hasn't looked back. He has dried food and a daily pouch. So when away for upto 5 days or so we have a dry food dispenser and water dispenser and he has the run of the living, dining room and study + the utility room where the food, bed and cat flap are. Any longer and he goes to the local cattery who adore him.
So what do you do?
For an overnight/weekend, it’s dry food and a pouch in a timed feeder. For longer than that I have a lovely pet sitter who comes over in the mornings, and then sets a timer for them for the evenings. Only one room access due to the alarm but as long as they have a cosy spot to snuggle in they are fine.

The first pic is of our cats (Rougvie and Leighton) at about 6 month old a good few years ago. Sadly Leighton was knocked down and killed a few months after the pic was taken.The second pic is Binky who took the place of Leighton. Rougvie has grown into a monster, but Binky is a dinky lady.

Hopefully take them in our van once it arrives.

IMG_1233.jpeg

14433050_1253807291327042_2315255637174960852_n.jpg

Last edited:
Still in bed past noon, Mia thinks it’s disgraceful!
A3FE9CC3-7CE4-427F-AC14-66325389E061.jpeg

It's got beautiful markings.

Maybe there's a rodent in there? You could make a few quid lending it to cali owners who've had their wiring insulation nibbled.

Looks like a Bengal - hope it's not as wild as the one my neighbour had!

It is a Bengal, can be as nice as pie when she's in the mood, but sometimes her wild side shows! All the dogs around here are scared of her, which is quite funny :D

There was actually a mouse sitting on the brake calliper, I managed to grab it by the tail and deposit it somewhere safe. I don't think it lived there, I think Mia had brought it back from somewhere and it had escaped from her.

It is a Bengal, can be as nice as pie when she's in the mood, but sometimes her wild side shows! All the dogs around here are scared of her, which is quite funny :D

There was actually a mouse sitting on the brake calliper, I managed to grab it by the tail and deposit it somewhere safe. I don't think it lived there, I think Mia had brought it back from somewhere and it had escaped from her.
She's beautiful! Bengals are such perfect cats but quite a handful. Here is a picture of Darcy, a long hair Bengal (or Cashmere) we brought from Canada. Sadly he is no longer with us.

Darcy2.jpeg

Back