Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cali added extras

R

Richard_O

Hi folks

What would you say we're the essential 'extras' that you simply love and wouldn't do without on your Cali - and why?

Cheers
Richard
PS Went to see a new Cali on Monday...getting closer to the real thing!!!

Ha Beer...

907 gas or portable stove - so you dont starve.
Seat covers (Inka) - so you dont kill the kids.
Carpet/mat set - so you dont kill the kids.
Sat Nav - so you dont kill the Mrs for not being able to read a simple map.

Oh and diesel for obvious reasons.... :crazy

Beer. Wine. NO KIDS. :clap

Deffo 907 camper gaz bottle for the Cali and a smart kettle ,as u got to be able to brew up where ever you park :)

Hmm, I read this differently to the rest of you. I thought the OP was asking about factory/dealer options??

If that's the case -

Privacy Glass
Climate Control
F&R Parking Sensors

Nice to have -

Cruise Control
Multi Function Steering Wheel
DSG Auto

Just following the leader stu ... Lol

Talking factory options are out for 2012 and accessories are in ... :)
Accessorise your Cali .. I think I've done that thread already :)

Thank you - I was taking about factory options!! Wine and beer compulsory...

Richard

Richard_O said:
Thank you - I was taking about factory options!! Wine and beer compulsory...

Richard

Lol .....as stu said really then ... Depends on budget to how much you can spec the Cali up of course and to what's good for you and resale within reason ..

Blankets, cushions, wicker basket.... ;-) *chuckles evilly *

Other than prettiness -
Privacy glass
Cruise
Dsg
Visability pack B
:)

We were discussing privacy glass from the factory at the weekend.

If you get it without and tint you can have a heavier tint in the rear windows and the same as privacy in the ones further forward. This means there is no way to see what's in the 'boot' from outside. That said it's also darker for driving but as we all know if you have a VW bike rack then you cannot see anything anyway :) Side mirrors FTW

I would also say do NOT get the electric door option, battery killer and it makes that noise when closing which would annoy people on-site at night.

JockMacMad said:
I would also say do NOT get the electric door option, battery killer and it makes that noise when closing which would annoy people on-site at night.

I REALLY wanted this originally, probably because I love gadgets. But glad I didn't, even the motorised soft close function sounds loud at night and annoys me!

Can't beat factory privacy glass and cruise must be essential as you should be touring with one of these :barmy Parking sensors if you either can't park or can't be bothered to look ;)

Rilla said:
JockMacMad said:

I REALLY wanted this originally, probably because I love gadgets. But glad I didn't, even the motorised soft close function sounds loud at night and annoys me!

Can't beat factory privacy glass and cruise must be essential as you should be touring with one of these :barmy Parking sensors if you either can't park or can't be bothered to look ;)

Xenons?

5th seat, as has been said in other threads, even if you don't want it as can sell it on ebay for more than it costs & may help resale. VERY expensive to retro fit.
Also get a towbar fitted if you may need one as they are VERY expensive to get retro fitted by a dealer & third party ones may not be fully wired. Wish I had one as I like the towbar mounted bike rack more than the tailgate one.
Plus what others have suggested.

Must haves:

Privacy (should be standard!) - needed in something you "live" in.
Awning (ditto) - use ours all the time although it does look ugly.
Cruise - Calis do long distances. It was essential coming back from Scotland!
Parking sensors - we only have rear (4Motion didn't have fronts when we bought ours) but I use them a lot as the back is hard to see properly.
4Motion (for us) - extends the Calis versatility a lot

Nice to haves:

Climate - easy to set the temps for the kids in the back, just easier to use overall
The safe - for overseas trips (once had ALL our valuables nicked in France from a car!)
Satnav/Multimedia/Bluetooth - useful and adds to the Calis more premium feel.
TPMS - just handy
MFSW - just handy and the wheel looks a bit nicer
Vis pack B - auto wipers are one less thing to worry about when doing big distances
Mud flaps - keep it a bit cleaner
Side bars - errmmm, they just look nice....

Lots of idea's .... Lets just hope you have a healthy size wallet my friend :smile
:barmy
:barmy

Rilla said:
JockMacMad said:

I can confirm that it is indeed a battery killer after getting a flatty a couple of months ago after a 2 day stay on site without hook up.
However i love it and wouldn't want to be without it, makes life easier which is what i want when i'm on holiday.
I used to worry about the noise when closing at night but i don't care now! Nobody has ever complained so i don't have a problem with it.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

KernowLad said:
Must haves:

Nice to haves:

Climate - easy to set the temps for the kids in the back, just easier to use overall
The safe - for overseas trips (once had ALL our valuables nicked in France from a car!)
Satnav/Multimedia/Bluetooth - useful and adds to the Calis more premium feel.
TPMS - just handy
MFSW - just handy and the wheel looks a bit nicer
Vis pack B - auto wipers are one less thing to worry about when doing big distances
Mud flaps - keep it a bit cleaner
Side bars - errmmm, they just look nice....
and of course DSG

You've missed the all important:

IMAG0654.jpg

I've read it adds 5bhp and 2mpg to any journey :crazy

I can confirm that it is indeed a battery killer after getting a flatty a couple of months ago after a 2 day stay on site without hook up.

I had my cali off hook up for a week and the battery didn't go flat :thumb