Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

CAL1 8OY Registration

inthemidnighthour

inthemidnighthour

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199
Just been looking through the dvla registrations auction site and noticed the following plate

CAL180Y which obviously looks like Cali boy no bids at £200

not bad if you like this sort of thing

lisa and dave

Also be good on a Cali 180

There'll be a few bids now! :D

I'm not planning on bidding onCAL180Y, however there is another plate I'm interested in. But I can't see where to register as a bidder? I'm already logged in as a previous customer, but still no link to bid. :headbang

Cal 180y on £1250 now

Where do you think it's will end up. If guess at £2.5k plus fees

I'm not planning on bidding onCAL180Y, however there is another plate I'm interested in. But I can't see where to register as a bidder? I'm already logged in as a previous customer, but still no link to bid. :headbang

Thanks for the dislike Susibus??????? What's your problem??
I see that a link has now been put in to bid.

Edit: Admin, can you look in gremlins in the system, as Susibus has pm'd me to say he did not dislike my post. However if you look at screenshot below you'll understand my concern.
View media item 332

Last edited:
Saw a Black BMW last week here that had a ZORRO plate...don't know howmuch it coasts here in Belgium , but rather give the money on some xtra options instead
Only the gouvernement/state gets ritch on such nonsens...

I don't get it. It will only mean something if you space it illegally surely?

I don't mean to offend anyone, as everyone likes to spend their money on different things, but these contrived plates with weird spacing or bolts in the wrong place to make it look like something else say a lot more about the owner than i think they want it to!

Why would you want CALL BOY as a number plate

Martin / Admin - Please see my edit to post 9 in this thread.

Thanks for the dislike Susibus??????? What's your problem??
I see that a link has now been put in to bid.

Edit: Admin, can you look in gremlins in the system, as Susibus has pm'd me to say she did not dislike my post. However if you look at screenshot below you'll understand my concern.
View media item 332
With touch screens it's really easy to accidentally touch one of the icons when scrolling. I've disliked a few posts by mistake but realised immediately when I've noticed the option to undo the rating. As I've had emails notifying me of ratings from others I'm not sure if people still get the emails when they are undone quickly.

With touch screens it's really easy to accidentally touch one of the icons when scrolling. I've disliked a few posts by mistake but realised immediately when I've noticed the option to undo the rating. As I've had emails notifying me of ratings from others I'm not sure if people still get the emails when they are undone quickly.
Probably worth a thread of it's own to bring it to everyone's attention, I've noticed some of these negative ratings and been at loss to understand the reason. Probably due to a mistake but it can be upsetting to the poster.

I don't get it. It will only mean something if you space it illegally surely?

I don't mean to offend anyone, as everyone likes to spend their money on different things, but these contrived plates with weird spacing or bolts in the wrong place to make it look like something else say a lot more about the owner than i think they want it to!
The present registration number system has been devised to boost sales for the motor industry and encourage people to change their cars so they have the latest year identifier. This is to the detriment of existing owners (e.g. mine is 64 plate and is now old hat), so it is useful to be able to lose this by buying a personalised plate.

Were I to be able to buy COL1N it would signify I had more money than sense, and would probably send out the wrong signals to other road users. But there are loads of reg numbers available for about £250 which will make your vehicle dateless so can save money in the long term by removing the urge to trade in (if you are the sort to have that urge, and lets face it, it is a part of human nature).

In the case of CAL180Y, at £250 it would have been OK but £1200 or more is silly money :D

Back