Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Bump / tow start.

vmaxkiddy

vmaxkiddy

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
I have a manual gearbox Skoda Octavia which pretty much uses the same engine and systems as a Cali.

Over the weekend the starter motor failed, and, due to having to depress the clutch to start the engine it's impossible to bump/tow start it. Anyone have any ideas how to bypass this "safety feature" ? Could it be done via vcds ?
Thanks for any help given. Motor replaced and all good now, but thought it would be handy to know for future reference.

I have a manual gearbox Skoda Octavia which pretty much uses the same engine and systems as a Cali.

Over the weekend the starter motor failed, and, due to having to depress the clutch to start the engine it's impossible to bump/tow start it. Anyone have any ideas how to bypass this "safety feature" ? Could it be done via vcds ?
Thanks for any help given. Motor replaced and all good now, but thought it would be handy to know for future reference.
My Cali bump starts - just turn the ignition on and push it down a hill. The 'safety' is an ignition override

Back