Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Bench Seat on Cali vs Beach

E

edvarski

Hi All,

I'm going to be placing an order for a new Cali in a couple of months, and was all set with the spec - and the beach seemed to suit our needs perfectly. We want to mainly use it as a day vehicle while we are out on the bikes with the family, and also for a quick night away if we fancy it over a weekend. The other thing is the two extra seats so we can transport the old folks around too when they come to stay. This will be my main day to day vehicle, although we will have my wife's family size car too.

However, I keep thinking about 4WD which we have had on our other vehicles - we live in North Yorkshire, so when winter hits you know about it! Plus some of the places we got on the bikes mean it would be much more comforting with 4WD knowing we could get out afterwards.

Anyway, the beach doesn't have the option, whereas the full Cali does, but you can only fit one extra seat in.

Has anyone had three people on the full Cali's bench seat? I've got two boys ( still on booster seats) and would need to fit an adult in there too and was concerned it might be a bit of a squeeze.

I'm aware of the restrictions of space when it's a bed, but am happy to sleep up top and let the boys have the smaller bed at night, so this shouldn't be an issue.

Any help appreciated!

Simon.

Hi Simon, just to point out, the Cali SE bench seat is only a 2 seater, it has 2 lap and diagonal belts with the 2 buckles together, right in the centre of the seat base so no room for anyone else.
Also, I don't think the single seat is available as an option on the 4 motion.

So that's scuppered that idea then - its either 4WD or the old folks!

Thanks for the help.