Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Cali and best vehicle i have ever owned !!

lee morrison

lee morrison

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi Everyone !
Took delivery of my new T6 Ocean a few weeks ago and been using it everyday since,we live in Jersey
but the vehicle has become my base while away working in the uk.
It travels with Bikes and stand up paddle boards as standard now .

Heading home and planning a trip down to surf in Biarritz then on to San Sebastian.But need 5 seats if poss?has anyone pushed bench seat forward and placed 5th seat behind ?

Welcome .
Would be hard to acces the 5th seat when it is behind the bench seat , only if the bench seat is fully (and do mean fully) forward you can have acces to the rear .
Or will your 5th passenger get in thru the boothdoor ....also possible.

Thanks guys :)
yes i see what you mean as just been trying options with rear frame out but access will definitely be a problem.along with storage..
thanks for the advice as looks like it will be cheaper for 5th person to fly and meet us there.

Thanks guys :)
yes i see what you mean as just been trying options with rear frame out but access will definitely be a problem.along with storage..
thanks for the advice as looks like it will be cheaper for 5th person to fly and meet us there.
Why can't you put the 5th seat behind the front seats as designed?

The only way of getting the 5th seat behind the bench is to actually remove the bench first.

:welcome Great times ahead. Also lots of good advice as you can see!! Enjoy.

The only way of getting the 5th seat behind the bench is to actually remove the bench first.
Thanks guys for all the advice !i was hoping i could push bench all the way forward on the runners...take the rear frame for down stairs bed and place that along with mattress in my bag on the bike carrier/roof top box and that would leave sufficient room for the single 5th seat along with a little storage in the rear next to the seat but after speaking to the vw dealership and getting a price for the seat £2000 plus ??will poss explore on the following longer trip to the alps as cost to high...

also has anyone fitted BF Goodrich all terrain tyres to 15/16 in steel wheels on there Cali ?not sure i need them really and not sure there even rated or safe enough...i am not 4 motion but i do spend a lot of time of tarmac ?

£2000 is too much for a seat, on Ebay etc here I would expect to get one for about £350. In fact for £1000 I could be tempted to deliver one to jersey in person.

Whats wrong with using the 5th seat in front of the bench? If you take the bed frame out & move the bench back a few inches it gives plenty of leg room and you still get access to all the cupboards.

Are you aware that as far as I know there isn't a way of making up the rear bed without removing the 5th seat from the van.

Hi Everyone !
Took delivery of my new T6 Ocean a few weeks ago and been using it everyday since,we live in Jersey

Heading home and planning a trip down to surf in Biarritz then on to San Sebastian.But need 5 seats if poss?has anyone pushed bench seat forward and placed 5th seat behind ?
Hi Lee, we are on our way to San Sebastián tomorrow, and we also needed 5 seats, because we have taken my wife's relatives away with us. Otherwise the two seat bench suits us better the rest of the year. I've hired a three seat bench for the holiday, you may find someone that will do that for you, including swapping it over for you, ring around. Might see you there, Neil

Neil

might be a bit of a tight fit squeezing a 3 seat bench into an ocean without removing the kitchen!:D

;);)
Neil

might be a bit of a tight fit squeezing a 3 seat bench into an ocean without removing the kitchen!:D
Oh good point. I should read things more thoroughly. Another reason why a Beach is better ;)

Hi Everyone !

We have the 5th seat but always in the front better for access

Thanks guys for all the advice !i was hoping i could push bench all the way forward on the runners...take the rear frame for down stairs bed and place that along with mattress in my bag on the bike carrier/roof top box and that would leave sufficient room for the single 5th seat along with a little storage in the rear next to the seat but after speaking to the vw dealership and getting a price for the seat £2000 plus ??will poss explore on the following longer trip to the alps as cost to high...

also has anyone fitted BF Goodrich all terrain tyres to 15/16 in steel wheels on there Cali ?not sure i need them really and not sure there even rated or safe enough...i am not 4 motion but i do spend a lot of time of tarmac ?

Hello,

I ordered my Ocean with a 5th seat and its only £310 as an extra. It goes behind the passengers seat I believe.

Hopefully pick it up in the next couple of weeks!

It is possible but not allowed. It is written in manual.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

For gravel and tarmac roads go for Michelin Latitude cross 235/55 R17 103H XL. Great on tarmac. I use this in Greece island on very bad gravel stony roads. Best tires that I ever have on T5 and now T6

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back