Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

basic electrical questions

Orion

Orion

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hello,

I do have a couple of questions, and correct me if i'm wrong.
1. What are the Amp's of the Cali T5 household baterries (2x), are they 75 Amp each (100% full)?
Mine are now 1,5 years old.

2. Can you add these figures together, so in totall 150 Amp?

3. If so, i can add up together what the usage in Watts/h. of all needs are, if not connected to the powersupply.
So 150 x 12(volt) = 1800 Watts. Devided over a daily use (What is normal usage a day, using fridge and a couple of lamps in the evening, charging phones?) 600 watts?. So i can be off grid for three days?. And how deep can you empty your batteries, without charging?

Has anyone made such a sum before, i would like to know please. And if i decide to buy a solarpanel how much Watts should that be? Suppose a 120 Wp.?

4. Is it possible to buy a (not fixed) solarpanel which instantly can be connected to the external 230 volt hook-up point.

5. I heard that only the heating system of the 12voltsystem is connected to the battery under the cupboard at the back, why is that? The rest is connected to the battery under the passengersseat.

6. In regarding to question 5 above; the percentage of the level of the batteries, which is displayed, is this the level of both batteries, or ....?

7.Last question; the hydraulic openingsystem of the roof, is this also powered by the householdbatteries?

Thank you very much in advance.

Orion, Hilversum, The Netherlands

1. yes
2. yes
3. yes, but not an exact science.
4. no, unnecessarily complicated, solar charger to batteries
5. Batteries are joined together so this is irrelevant
6. yes
7. yes