Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

12v Inverter help required

Moose

Moose

T6 Ocean 204 DSG
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Can anyone recommend a good 12v Inverter of at least 500 watts to charge the Swytch batteries for our Bromptons, so many out there from £41.00 from Toolstation (good reviews) to £165.00 for a Victron.
Need to be able to change either whilst travelling or not on hook up, we do have 2 of Rogers Solar panels fitted.
Any advise greatly appreciated.

I went with a Victorian 500.
Post in thread 'Charging electric longboards'
https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/charging-electric-longboards.19841/post-445943

Even with the twin solar panels. Keep an eye on things if charging two batteries at the same time when not driving. My board can pretty much drain the two AGM batteries if I charge it from around 20%.

The Victron is expensive and has a good reputation. I put in a permanent Anderson plug under the left hand seat and store the alternator unplugged under the right hand seat when not in use. It’s fairly bulky but doesn’t get hot using it for what I do.

There is a long thread here that has additional commentary on the options if you have the time.

Can anyone recommend a good 12v Inverter of at least 500 watts to charge the Swytch batteries for our Bromptons, so many out there from £41.00 from Toolstation (good reviews) to £165.00 for a Victron.
Need to be able to change either whilst travelling or not on hook up, we do have 2 of Rogers Solar panels fitted.
Any advise greatly appreciated.
Hello
I have the same bike, camper and solar set up - what inverter did you purchase and do this charge the Brompton without issue?
Best wishes, Kirstie

Back