Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Awning + wind?

N

Nighters

VIP Member
Hi all,

Not used my awning since I got my Cali a few months back. Worried about the wind. What weather conditions is it ok to use the awning in?

Cheers

You can buy awning tiedowns but if there is any kind of wind I leave mine shut :thumb
Heard of one awning blowing right over the van and destroying it

There should be 4 quite heavy duty pegs in the Cali kit for pegging down the awning.

Wouldn't use it in high winds though.

Thanks guys. I was thinking te same about not using in high winds.

I use the Omnistor awning tie downs. If you can get a good anchor point with the massive angle iron pegs that come with the tie down kit, then short of gale force winds your awning will stay put. DamperVan_zps03643d14.jpg

One more thought - if you are using the awning in rainy conditions then drop one side a bit so that the rain runs off it and it doesn't turn into a swimming pool.

Ah thought so. Looks great btw. I also recently ordered the same setup but without the window in the triangle part of the side awning. The extra length on the main awning provides a lot more space.

I noticed that you have also secured the mutze cap over the windscreen at the front. Can you let me know how you did this as this is one thing that I have been trying to figure out.

Thanks.
Mark.

YorkshireHeathen said:
Yep it is all from Ulli at California Camping. :D

Do you have the contact info for this?
Thanks in advance.