Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

At last, our first overnight sleep, in sunny Cleethorpes.....

hubert72

hubert72

Vehicle
T5 Beach
Having used the cali as an every day car since picking up in January we have never managed to escape real life and sleep overnight anywhere, until now. That rare oppurtunity arose where we found ourselves kid (well teenage) free for the whole night. At 6.40 pm we were throwing everything we thought we would need into the van, heading eastbound on the M62 deciding on up or down the east coast, by 8.00 pm we were pressing the buzzer at a lovely little camp site in Cleethorpes, first things first, glass of wine for my better half and a can of smooth for me, realised it was getting dark quickly so decided to fit our never used before topper, had a good laugh putting it on and entertaining the other campers before resorting to reading the instructions, aaahhh good idea, put it on before pushing the roof up fully. Before we knew it we had some steaks sizzling away and the wine was flowing quickly. We had a great nights sleep apart from losing my pillow down the black hole at some unearthly hour. In just one night away we learnt so much about what should go where, what we need and don't need, it was great fun and we are looking forward to more nights away soon.

cleethorpes morning.png

looks enticing , about to do the same tomorrow night - we did have one night over the winter - Leicester in December -5 , too cold to put the roof up so huddled below with the admirable heater humming. Tomorrow night, weather looks good, heading for the far cornish west - again just for one night to try everything out....
sadly the fridge isn't working yet so the wine will be red....

:thumb
Experienced the pillowproblem also a few times...maybe need to put some velcro on it...or attatch it to a cord.....:D

The safety net isn't just for kids, pop it up to the roof fasteners when in bed and it keeps your pillow where it should be. ( And your teddy bear ).

Great stuff. Just reading your update whilst at work. It's given me the bug to get home, get packed up and get back out there :cool:

Enjoy plenty more wonderful evenings like this one!