Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Anyone driven Annecy to Como?

Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
We're in the middle of planning a 2 week holiday with a stay at Lake Annecy and another at Lake Como.

Google suggests this route which takes us south to Turin then back up to Como: route 1

I'm wondering if there's a more scenic route? After a bit of dragging around, Google gives me this route 2. HOWEVER this route takes me by Mont Blanc. I've never been to this part of Europe and don't really want to be confronted with slow winding roads and snow. No matter how good the views are. I certainly don't want to Berghaus dangling over the edge of a cliff a la The Italian Job!

There's an earlier thread where Californiaman mentions driving the Great St. Bernard Pass. Would this be do-able?

Thanks in advance

Very doable. We made it over the top (but only just) in a Vauxhall Carlton Eagle Quest. Admittedly we used up a significant amount of road on some of the switchbacks BUT we never get stuck until we ventured into a multi story carpark near the end in Nice.

I can't remember the exact route (other than that we went pretty much due south from the East coast of lake Geneva) but I can try and dig it out. It may have been the same as this years rally.. http://www.crumballrally.com/theitalianjob2013route.php