Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Any alternatives to the ISOTOP?

montyburns1982

montyburns1982

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Are there cheaper alternative to the ISOTOP?

I know comfortz used to do one, but it appears to be discontinued.

Are there other alternatives? Don’t really fancy an external thing I have to fit and remove constantly.

Theres a Spanish company Thais that do one, its more of a rubbery texture than the current Brandrup liner. but half the price. You may struggle to get them to post to uk.

thanks for that, just had a look and they will ship to the UK. Do you (or anyone else) have one fitted? Wondering about the quality/durability and how easy it is to fit!

thanks for that, just had a look and they will ship to the UK. Do you (or anyone else) have one fitted? Wondering about the quality/durability and how easy it is to fit!

Had one in our first cali, only swapped it because it didn't have a front opening window.
Would happily have another, it is a bit more utilitarian than say the Brandrup one, having a smooth white rubber face to it, but its water & draught proof & keeps the sunlight out whilst still making it a lot lighter up there during the day.

Had one in our first cali, only swapped it because it didn't have a front opening window.
Would happily have another, it is a bit more utilitarian than say the Brandrup one, having a smooth white rubber face to it, but its water & draught proof & keeps the sunlight out whilst still making it a lot lighter up there during the day.
Weirdly enough they now appear to offer one with an additional front window too. Was it easy to fit? The isotop looks a bit of a faff.

im not expecting brandrup quality for the price, or perhaps I should just grit my teeth and shell out for the brandrup one, their products I’ve had so far are all superb quality.

Weirdly enough they now appear to offer one with an additional front window too. Was it easy to fit? The isotop looks a bit of a faff.

im not expecting brandrup quality for the price, or perhaps I should just grit my teeth and shell out for the brandrup one, their products I’ve had so far are all superb quality.

Fitting is about the same, basically sticking bits of velcro on the roof surround.

I think what they mean by an extra front window is just the arched front window as that was an optional extra on most EU vans, I don't think it means the full panoramic opening front.

Fitting is about the same, basically sticking bits of velcro on the roof surround.

I think what they mean by an extra front window is just the arched front window as that was an optional extra on most EU vans, I don't think it means the full panoramic opening front.
That wouldn’t be an issue, I’ve got a T5.1 SE with a small front window.

thanks for your help, another thing to ponder!

Go for the iso top, it may be expensive but its a high quality product, in fact I sold mine when I changed vans and got 70% of the purchase price back

I also have the Thais Spanish version as well, and works great, does the job, looks good, keeps it warm in the winter, and cool in the summer as well as keeping the light out in the mornings.
Pretty easy to fit with just a couple of poppers and some velcro.
They werent delivering to the UK when I got mine, but managed to get it delivered to an address in the Netherlands where my brother was working so that he could bring it back with him.