Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Another camper on the road

Waggonner

Waggonner

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hello all. After already gleaning lots of great advice from this site, it was time to sign up.
We've had our Wagon for almost 2 months, after thinking about how great it would be to have one for probably 12 months prior to that. We're seasoned campers, but wanted a little more luxury, like a comfortable bed, heating and not having to go outside in the rain to make a cuppa. The Wagon is really for my and my husband's retirement, but that still seems way off, so we're accommodating youngest son (he's 14) on trips too. He's totally besotted with the (yet un-named) Wagon and has already bagsied the top bed. Having said that, we're yet to formally camp (sleeping on the drive doesn't count!). First one is booked for end of Feb so we're getting top tips from here and our VW camping friends, like what bedding to take, which awning to go for and the best places to store things.
Last trip out we made tea and scrambled eggs, but I wasn't allowed to fry bacon. Something for me to work on with my Veggie hubby!

He who bagsies to sleep the top bed
This time of year must be off his head
For me, downstairs, but then I’m old
But up on top? It can be bloody cold :shocked

Hello, welcome and we look forward to the pics :D

Unless you have an isotop ;)

An isotope helps, i’ve heard it said,
Very true, but still cold in bed
Whereas downstairs, with my heater and rug,
I feel more warm and much more snug.....

Last edited:
It was a cold night when he slept up-top. We had the van heater on and a borrowed radiator from our T2 friends. I thought he'd freeze, but it was him who turned the heater off because he was too warm!
A proud pic of when it was clean and shiny - IMG_0659.jpg

Welcome to the forum . If he's happy don't knock it.

It was a cold night when he slept up-top. We had the van heater on and a borrowed radiator from our T2 friends. I thought he'd freeze, but it was him who turned the heater off because he was too warm!
A proud pic of when it was clean and shiny - View attachment 29145

Gorgeous :D how lovely.

Yep, youth comes with it’s own thermal blanket :) I distantly remember the years when I would climb into my mountain tent and snuggle into my duvet half way up an alp and be as warm as toast. Now the mountain of duvets that I need is almost as big as that alp :D

Great adventures ahead, welcome and keep the pics flowing :)

:welcome - look forward to hearing more!

Beautiful van !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk