Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Am I missing something??

Sounds great, good luck!

I’ve checked nothing yet, tomorrow is the day. I would doubt that a VW dealer would sell a Cali with damaged bellows unless he didn’t know they were, so the onus is on me for sure.

Will check warranty for sure, thanks for the tip!
Superb deal that buddy has to be the cheapest pre reg ocean on record.good on you for finding that one and enjoy

Welcome DaveH anyway! Everything is sais so I‘ll keep my fingers crossed and look forward to read more about it tomorrow :)

Going to view what would be my first Cali Ocean tomorrow! Dealer demo vehicle which has been slept in a couple of times but not cooked in!
Registered July 2017 with 4300 miles so had some decent use
150 Manual in white with awning, PDCs, Bike rack, Privacy laminated glass, mudflaps, App connect.
Not massive spec but probably what I’d order new anyway!
Balance of 3 year warranty of course.

The price was eyecatching at £43,995!
Probably £6k below anything comparable. So, looks good to me. What do you learned ones think??

Your comments are welcome, thanks.

Have you downloaded the Handover checklist from the Downloads section on the menu bar on the Forum? It just lists the things to check and it is very easy in the excitement of seeing the vehicle to miss something.
In ours the outside table in the sliding door had been put somewhere else on a display stand. They knew where it was and fitted it in again.
Good luck, look forward to seeing the photos.

Have you downloaded the Handover checklist from the Downloads section on the menu bar on the Forum? It just lists the things to check and it is very easy in the excitement of seeing the vehicle to miss something.
In ours the outside table in the sliding door had been put somewhere else on a display stand. They knew where it was and fitted it in again.
Good luck, look forward to seeing the photos.

Hi SimonB

I’ve just managed to download all the checklists. Very comprehensive!
Thanks for the reminder!

Looks like I’m going to be busy!

Ooooohhhhh … we are so excited. Looking forward to an update (and pictures) later today?

Coventry Listers are pretty clued up on the Ocean and Beach, you are in safe hands. I got my demo there, and it even came with a service package.

Just a tip If it is from Lookers, it had a bent roof a few weeks ago.

I think that one was blue, this one is white. If you are referring to the "Oops" post.
Sounds like a bent roof and a respray then:D

Well, that went triffic!
Arrived at 1pm and left at 4pm and now proud owners of ‘Pluto’

The van was sparkling and entirely unmarked, not a blemish to be seen anywhere. All the loose items were there and it drove beautifully too. Pleased to see it had the laminated glass package and the bike rack thrown in for free. Rob at Vindis Northampton was great and very knowledgeable too.

See pics! Awesome.

C7BFCFCC-5347-47F7-AADB-D56954CFC117.jpegAF6D89D2-DC81-46D5-ABC3-EF12B6B6DEFE.jpegD24076F1-EEAA-4B34-8F0B-6CBDC1157BBE.jpegC75B068C-51B3-44BE-8FCA-C16FEB6F295B.jpegF4B5568B-6A5F-4197-9B3B-B1B61D31CA8B.jpeg

Vindis was one of the better dealers I was in contact with. Had a very friendly email off them wishing me well, after I'd bought elsewhere.

Looks fab, enjoy!

Superb - good for you, have fun!

Small world ,I was in Vindis Northampton yesterday booking my Ocean in for some warranty work, and saw your new vehicle in their handover bay ,I think it must have been you sitting down with Rob doing the paperwork. I use Vindis for service and have to say that they have been very good to deal with, on the sales side I find Mark the Sales Manager very good. Did you find out why it was such good value ?Looked fab by the way.

Well done on getting a cracking deal. Are you any the wiser on why you managed to get it at such a good price? I'm the biggest sceptic in the world and always think that if things seem to be good to be true there's a reason ... looks like you might be the exception to the rule!

Small world ,I was in Vindis Northampton yesterday booking my Ocean in for some warranty work, and saw your new vehicle in their handover bay ,I think it must have been you sitting down with Rob doing the paperwork. I use Vindis for service and have to say that they have been very good to deal with, on the sales side I find Mark the Sales Manager very good. Did you find out why it was such good value ?Looked fab by the way.

Well, how about that! Small world indeed!
We were there from about 1.30 until 4 so it was probably us indeed.
Vindis has a very car showroom feel to it and all the chaps we spoke to were great. Rob was a knowledgeable and amusing chap who gave us a good, unhurried show around.
I would feel inclined to use Vindis for service too and it’s good to hear positive comments about them.
Didn’t question the price! Just happy that I hadn’t read it wrong in the first place!
And yes, we thought it looked Fab too...

Well done on getting a cracking deal. Are you any the wiser on why you managed to get it at such a good price? I'm the biggest sceptic in the world and always think that if things seem to be good to be true there's a reason ... looks like you might be the exception to the rule!

I’m a bit of a sceptic too Martyn but I couldn’t find the smallest blemish inside or out. All the kit was there etc.
I suppose that it may be possible that because the van is outside the 90days limit for additional warranty and for a demo, the mileage is probably higher than most demos they might just have thought they needed to price it as they have.
Other than that I’m clueless!

I’m a bit of a sceptic too Martyn but I couldn’t find the smallest blemish inside or out. All the kit was there etc.
I suppose that it may be possible that because the van is outside the 90days limit for additional warranty and for a demo, the mileage is probably higher than most demos they might just have thought they needed to price it as they have.
Other than that I’m clueless!
Or just the fact that they were realistic and honest unlike some Dealerships. Well done and hope you make many happy memories in the years to come.

One strange phenomenon I've noticed with Cali prices is that dealers seem to have lower prices than private sales, which of course is the opposite to car sales.

My only theory is that most private sellers are actually not that desperate to sell, as it's usually a 2nd/3rd vehicle.

Anyway, van looks amazing :)

One strange phenomenon I've noticed with Cali prices is that dealers seem to have lower prices than private sales, which of course is the opposite to car sales.

My only theory is that most private sellers are actually not that desperate to sell, as it's usually a 2nd/3rd vehicle.

Anyway, van looks amazing :)

Thanks ;-))
I think you're probably right Stuart. Dealers aren't particularly emotional about vehicles whatever they are and see them as metal boxes that need shifting! California owners on the other hand invest a lot into their vehicles both financially and emotionally and it's no surprise that owners want a good payback.
It all keeps residual prices high and that's essential for the 'man maths' to work.
It's a bit like justifying buying a Rolex I suppose. Buy the right one and it will not lose money so why not!

I'm sure the dealers are still making a few bob from the sale but it's good to still feel like a bit of a winner!

Roll on Saturday afternoon!