Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Am I missing something??

D

DaveH

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Going to view what would be my first Cali Ocean tomorrow! Dealer demo vehicle which has been slept in a couple of times but not cooked in!
Registered July 2017 with 4300 miles so had some decent use
150 Manual in white with awning, PDCs, Bike rack, Privacy laminated glass, mudflaps, App connect.
Not massive spec but probably what I’d order new anyway!
Balance of 3 year warranty of course.

The price was eyecatching at £43,995!
Probably £6k below anything comparable. So, looks good to me. What do you learned ones think??

Your comments are welcome, thanks.

Going to view what would be my first Cali Ocean tomorrow! Dealer demo vehicle which has been slept in a couple of times but not cooked in!
Registered July 2017 with 4300 miles so had some decent use
150 Manual in white with awning, PDCs, Bike rack, Privacy laminated glass, mudflaps, App connect.
Not massive spec but probably what I’d order new anyway!
Balance of 3 year warranty of course.

The price was eyecatching at £43,995!
Probably £6k below anything comparable. So, looks good to me. What do you learned ones think??

Your comments are welcome, thanks.
Is that inc VAT? My suspicion would be that it isn’t. That would be my first question to the dealer.

If it really is that price (inc VAT) I'd be sticking a deposit on it now before someone else reads this thread and buys it before you!

We had this when we were looking, some were with VAT and some without and it is not easy to work out which is which! If that is correct then snap it up and I have seen some 2015 Cali's going for that price.

Let us know how you get on

A great price, 4300 miles is a lot for a Demo though, I suspect that one of the staff had a great holiday in August :D

The price includes VAT. I’ve been sent the sales Invoice which shows £36,662.50 plus VAT = £43,995!
So, that’s what caught my eye. Yes, I put a deposit on it so have first refusal!

Received the dealer video and it looks spanking!
Looks like a no brainer!

Just check the front seats swivel & that the roof hasn't been kinked. Other than that you can't go wrong.

Just check the front seats swivel & that the roof hasn't been kinked. Other than that you can't go wrong.

What would stop the front seats swivelling, is it height adjustability or some other extra?

Check you can add the Two year extended warranty for £325, if less than 90 days old that should be fine but I would double checkw with dealer? Also, have you checked roof canvas for damage?

Yes - If the seats have height adjustment on them you can't swivel them, I think the option was "comfort Seats"

A great price, 4300 miles is a lot for a Demo though, I suspect that one of the staff had a great holiday in August :D
I suspect so!
Really the mileage doesn’t bother me. Nor the fact others have driven it. I don’t really think people engage auto thrash mode just because a vehicle isn’t theirs. In any case there is a 3 year warranty in place and issues arising would be dealt with.
With a California, the majority of the value is not in the engine but in the body and habitation so condition is all to my mind.

Check you can add the Two year extended warranty for £325, if less than 90 days old that should be fine but I would double checkw with dealer? Also, have you checked roof canvas for damage?

I’ve checked nothing yet, tomorrow is the day. I would doubt that a VW dealer would sell a Cali with damaged bellows unless he didn’t know they were, so the onus is on me for sure.

Will check warranty for sure, thanks for the tip!

Sounds like an absolute bargain if it's all how it should be. Curious that a dealer would be asking a price that's so far below the rest of the market. Usually if a dealer needs to shift something quick, 1 or 2K below others available has it sold within hours,

Sounds too good to be true, you would be lucky to get a Beach for that price, good luck to you and I hope the viewing goes well.

Prices have started to drop however private sellers still seem to be living in cloud cuckoo land !! There are 2015 SE's for £48k :confused:

I suspect so!
Really the mileage doesn’t bother me. Nor the fact others have driven it. I don’t really think people engage auto thrash mode just because a vehicle isn’t theirs. In any case there is a 3 year warranty in place and issues arising would be dealt with.
With a California, the majority of the value is not in the engine but in the body and habitation so condition is all to my mind.

Mine was a demo and I could not be happier with it

As you've got a deposit down to secure it do you want to share the link so we can tell you whats wrong ?
There’ s no link to share, the ad has been removed from the VW Van website so no detail available.

Even an Ocean with no options would have been more than this I’d have thought.
Anyway, it is what it is and if it suits the dealer to sell for that price then so be it.
I don’t want to go down the “why is it so cheap” route with him so I’ll just see what’s what!

There’ s no link to share, the ad has been removed from the VW Van website so no detail available.

Even an Ocean with no options would have been more than this I’d have thought.
Anyway, it is what it is and if it suits the dealer to sell for that price then so be it.
I don’t want to go down the “why is it so cheap” route with him so I’ll just see what’s what!

Absolutely! Get it bought and enjoy. Shouldn't cost you much to run for a few years, unless of course the tide is really turning, demand has dropped like a stone and fire sale priced Calis start appearing everywhere!

Sounds too good to be true, you would be lucky to get a Beach for that price, good luck to you and I hope the viewing goes well.

Prices have started to drop however private sellers still seem to be living in cloud cuckoo land !! There are 2015 SE's for £48k :confused:

But a 2017 SE could be £20k more so a decent saving over the cost of a new one.

Absolutely! Get it bought and enjoy. Shouldn't cost you much to run for a few years, unless of course the tide is really turning, demand has dropped like a stone and fire sale priced Calis start appearing everywhere!

Yes, the California is big ticket item, a bit of a luxury and the preserve of those with a bit of disposable.
We all know what’s happening in the world with uncertainties over the future and things like Calis may be feeling the heat a little.

I too fear for my job but I won’t let my natural pessimism stop me and my wife from fulfilling our plans for the next couple of years at least. If it all goes belly up then at least I’ll have a good asset to sell and one that won’t have lost too much!

Are houses worth as much as they are?? It’s all about supply and demand I guess.
Happy days!

Yes, the California is big ticket item, a bit of a luxury and the preserve of those with a bit of disposable.
We all know what’s happening in the world with uncertainties over the future and things like Calis may be feeling the heat a little.

I too fear for my job but I won’t let my natural pessimism stop me and my wife from fulfilling our plans for the next couple of years at least. If it all goes belly up then at least I’ll have a good asset to sell and one that won’t have lost too much!

Are houses worth as much as they are?? It’s all about supply and demand I guess.
Happy days!

Exactly, no time like the present! Look forward to seeing the pics!

Happy days!
You sound just like me...

It would be fantastic if the dealer laid the pricing on the table for you even though you don't want particularly want to discuss it. Just because, if they have a new one to compare things with you will understand exactly the differences that make this appear such a bargain.
My take on it is, if there are things that have knocked the head off the price...all will even out by the time you've had it a few years...hence very likely to be a genuine bargain.

Good Luck, I hope it is everything you are hoping for.

Last edited:
Are your sure it is an Ocean, a Beach would have not been cooked in. (dealers have got it wrong in the past and even called convesions Californias in the past on their listings)Good luck Bet you can not wait to inspect tommorrow

Last edited:
are your sure it is an Ocean, a Beach would have not been cooked in.
Yes, it’s an Ocean!

Seen the dealer video and it’s all there.

Plus interior light pack, mudflaps, rear bumper protector, awning, laminated glass and park sensors. Plus, a bike rack chucked in as well.

Described as unmarked and looks it, has swivel seats and looks spanking. Elec roof demo’d in video too, all good.

If it turns out not to be for me, I’ll let you all know why and check myself into the nearest hospital for a check up (from the neck up) :)