Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Alloys for new Cali Beach

jonroe

jonroe

VIP Member
Can anybody identify the alloys on the Beach pictured on the front of the latest VW brochure? They don't seem to tie into the list of alloy options further on in the brochure and they are not the standard alloys.

I'm getting close to placing an order. Just in negotiations for the best price at the moment.

On the front of the July 2013 brochure there is California SE and Caddy Maxi Camper. The 10 spoke wheels on the SE look like the 17" Neva but difficult to tell as they curve. Looking at the small picture of the SE on the Beach pages they look move like the Neva which is not a Beach option! The roof on p27 is not the Beach pop up roof but the SE electric roof. Lots of discrepancies in the brochure!

I think there are only 2 Beach pictures in the brochure, Page 2 Yellow with Thunders and the small picture of the guy with the surfboard (p25) and those look like the steel wheels being sold by Benn! Exactly the same picture appears on p18 of the Jan 2013 but are Thunders.

I've got Thunders on my Beach which the dealer had swopped for the 17" Suez alloys. I got him to swop them back as they weren't standard or listed in the factory build configuration that I asked the dealer for.

Andy

I think my confusion is because the Thunder alloys are pictured as two different wheels, one with 5 spokes (p21) and one with 7 spokes (p36)!

Definitely 5 spokes and as pictured on page 2 and 21. They look great on the Yellow Beach along with the stainless steel side bars :D

Andy

Good spot - they are incorrect on page 36 I think.

Also, on page 5 of the same brochure it would appear that a Cali is wearing Sportline alloys, which aren't even an option in the catalogue - doh!

Looking closely at the wheel pics on p36-7, I think there may be some other errors - but there are others on here who are much more knowledgeable than me on this subject...

Ian

Worthwhile picking up the Accessories Brochure and separate price list that covers the Caddy, Transporter and Crafter. There is a range of suitable alloys on P23 including the Sportline. Breeze were selling some 5 spoke sets on eBay a week or so ago.

Andy

We have Thunders and they are definitely 5 spoke 17" rims - VERY easy to clean but I'm not so impressed with the finish - it seems to scratch rather too easily.

Back