Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Alarming alarm

C

Craig Falconer

The alarm in our T5 is giving us problems. When we lock the doors at night the alarms goes off. It does not matter if we lock them manually or use the remote control. We press the u lock button to stop the alarm and a few minutes later the van locks itself (spooky!) and the alarm goes off again. We had to sleep with the door slightly open to stop this happening. I am sure it is something to do with the button behind the drivers door. What are we doing wrong and how can we fix it?

If it's okay when you leave it locked and only a problem when you are inside sleeping then you need to press the button once so it lights up, then lock it just once, if you then unlock and pop outside, you need to press it again to make it light up.

If you unlock and don't open the door, it will auto lock as it is a security feature in case you unlocked it by accident, but this time you didn't press the button to disable the internal sensors so it sets again with all sensors active.

We press the u lock button to stop the alarm and a few minutes later the van locks itself (spooky!)
As above If you unlock it on the remote and do not open the door it will lock again after about a minute - normal

Am i glad i don't got the interieur alarm , reading how much having issues with it.
On my 2012 SE LHD only sits a starterinterupter :thumb

Don't used the remote to lock whilst sleeping inside as that initiates the deadlock, as well as the alarm, which is causing you problems. Instead use the lock button by the driver's door window, then the alarm isn't set and you can get out easily.
There are several threads on this issue around the forum.

There are several threads on this issue around the forum.

Wanted to say the same , but seems i am not making myself popular if i do as i get negative comment on it....
Thanks for saving my @ss...:D