Locking without alarm

Amarillo

Amarillo

Tom
Super Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Can someone please remind me how to lock the T6 without setting the alarm.

On a recent ferry crossing I locked the van using the key, not the fob button, which I thought locked the van without setting the alarm. While waiting for the lift to upper decks I had to do the walk of shame across the car deck to turn off the alarm.

I then locked the van, after pressing the B pillar button, with a double fob press. I know the B pillar button disables the volumetric sensor, but I thought the double fob press simply locked the van without deadlock.

On our return to the van the motion sensor had not activated the alarm, so it was likely that a double fob press deactivated the motion sensor.

But what I would liked to have done is lock and deadlock the van without setting the alarm. Is this possible?

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

I can't work this out, have been known to leave it unlocked with the dog in it...

Can someone please remind me how to lock the T6 without setting the alarm.

On a recent ferry crossing I locked the van using the key, not the fob button, which I thought locked the van without setting the alarm. While waiting for the lift to upper decks I had to do the walk of shame across the car deck to turn off the alarm.

I then locked the van, after pressing the B pillar button, with a double fob press. I know the B pillar button disables the volumetric sensor, but I thought the double fob press simply locked the van without deadlock.

On our return to the van the motion sensor had not activated the alarm, so it was likely that a double fob press deactivated the motion sensor.

But what I would liked to have done is lock and deadlock the van without setting the alarm. Is this possible?

As far as I am aware:
The B pillar button disables, Amber, the Volumetric AND motion sensor, if activated via the Front Door with all other doors shut.
1 Key turn or 1 Remote Press locks doors with Deadlock.

2 Quick Key turns or 2 Remote Press locks doors with Deadlocks OFF.

IMG_4482.JPG 2 ways I know my T6 manual says..
Put the key in drivers door lock and turn to the lock position twice.
or
Use the B pillar button then key fob once.

Last edited:
Thanks both. My misunderstanding then has been the B pillar button. I have always thought it deactivated the volumetric alarm only.

WG, I'm pretty sure the B pillar button on the T6 works so long as the driver's door is open - other doors do not need to be closed. However, the B pillar button will not work if the driver's door is closed and it is pressed through the open sliding door.

I am now assuming it is not possible to temporarily deactivate the volumetric alarm while leaving the motion sensor active, for example when leaving the dog in the van.

Thanks both. My misunderstanding then has been the B pillar button. I have always thought it deactivated the volumetric alarm only.

WG, I'm pretty sure the B pillar button on the T6 works so long as the driver's door is open - other doors do not need to be closed. However, the B pillar button will not work if the driver's door is closed and it is pressed through the open sliding door.

I am now assuming it is not possible to temporarily deactivate the volumetric alarm while leaving the motion sensor active, for example when leaving the dog in the van.

Probably correct about the doors. I always close all then open the Drivers door to click the switch.

View attachment 29846 2 ways I know my T6 manual says..
Put the key in drivers door lock and turn to the lock position twice.
I think your interpretation of the manual is incorrect.

To lock the vehicle with the deadlock but not the alarm, deactivate the deadlock (two fob presses or two key turns) then re-activate the deadlock with a key turn (not fob press). That is, two fob presses and a lock key turn or three lock key turns.

Yes, I am suffering man flu right now and there are too many activated and de-activated' in the space of a few sentences for my numb & snotty head, that why I put the photo up too.

I really need to fish out my manual, on our T5 the deactivate button seems to have 3 options, off, illuminated red, and illuminated orange...

I really need to fish out my manual, on our T5 the deactivate button seems to have 3 options, off, illuminated red, and illuminated orange...
The red illumination is just a back light so you can find it.

• Thanks
Reactions: Sad