Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Air Condition/Climate Control

Jakob

Jakob

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Hi

I seem to have some trouble finding information on Air Condition/Climate Control on the California. Is is possible to have a working Air Condition/Climate Control when camped?

Basically I'd think that the Air Condition/Climate Control only works when the engine is on - and such a system will take up way too much space in the van. I have seen how it works in caravans and that can be quite a big box that holds the Air Condition/Climate Control system.

Any experience with something like this in the California. ;-)

Jakob

Hi

I seem to have some trouble finding information on Air Condition/Climate Control on the California. Is is possible to have a working Air Condition/Climate Control when camped?

Basically I'd think that the Air Condition/Climate Control only works when the engine is on - and such a system will take up way too much space in the van. I have seen how it works in caravans and that can be quite a big box that holds the Air Condition/Climate Control system.

Any experience with something like this in the California. ;-)

Jakob
Correct. The AirCon/Climate Control only works with the Engine running.

and needs air flowing over the condenser to carry the heat away, so works better when moving...

Of of the reasons to my confusion is this article from DayliMail

Especially this phrase: There isn’t even condensation on the windows thanks to the air conditioning.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/a...nveterate-camper-puts-test.html#ixzz4I9mt1h6J
I broke my personal covenant and clicked a link to the Daily Fail - the article barely scratches the surface of the vehicle, a very disappointing article. The reference to condensation on the windscreen is bizarre, unless it means that a misty screen clears quickly when the air-conditioned (and therefore low-humidity) flow blows across it?

and needs air flowing over the condenser to carry the heat away, so works better when moving...

If you have 3 zone there is a rest mode which gives you blower only (No A/C) for 30 mins.

Your reference about it working better when moving isn't correct as there is a condenser fan which operates at high pressures if sat idle... :)

If you have 3 zone there is a rest mode which gives you blower only (No A/C) for 30 mins.

Your reference about it working better when moving isn't correct as there is a condenser fan which operates at high pressures if sat idle... :)
Stand corrected...