600 miles on a tank

snowy55

snowy55

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
20141124_143153_zpshlo7zcuo.jpg

A week going to work, long weekend away 38.1 mpg and that includes about 48hours of diesel heater use whilst parked up on campsites. 608 miles on a tank :goodone

Nice work snowy :thumb
with fuel prices coming down as well the Cali adventure looks more and more promising.

and if you keep driving with a light foot you will still be getting the same and more as we are after 18 months & 23500 miles!! and STILL on the same tyres!!! Excellent :D :D :D

I'm sure that as the fuel prices have dropped my MPG increased :crazy

Conspiracy theorists would suggest they are watering the diesel down. However that would be madness. The likely truth is the fact that the discount diesel has arrived in line with the cold weather, where diesel is less efficient and you are using more electrical stuff.

Price of diesel is dictated by price of oil which has dropped over recent months. Price is controlled by open countries.

Hmmm, I think you might find it's kilometres, not miles......

Hmm, you might find that's kilometres. Also, it says so on your display!

The UK Calis show KM/H on the digital display, but everything else in in Miles.

I think there is some legal requirement for us to show MPH and KMPH, in the old days they would put both numbers around the big analogue dial, but now we have digital displays we can have a cleaner analogue dial.

If you have VCDS you can mess around with these settings and change the KM/H to Miles/H - which is probably illegal, but I think you would need an MOT inspector with eagle eyes to spot it.

When you drive abroad the KM/H display combined with the RNS510 speed limit display is a godsend.

T

Back