4 Motion Beach

soulstyledevon

soulstyledevon

Kennycalifornia
Super Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
I'm currently in Austria and spotted this. The German owner tells me it's a special additional 4motion California. However just like the UK beach it has a similar interior, however he did not refer to it as a Beach.

So can we get a 4motion Beach in the UK as I would look at replacing mine next year if it was possible...???

7548FF16-8EDB-4E0D-B676-217CF1EAEC6E_zpsdanloovt.jpg

8B339E5A-6534-4088-855B-E895EAF7105E_zpsvxojzmcc.jpg

This looks like a beach Edition
Beach Edition = Beach with added alloys (17 inch Cascavel), some aesthetic options on the outside such as black roof, Mist lights and privacy glass.

It looks good on the white one. Other colours are salsa red, sunshine yellow, and the two grays.
Unfortunately not possible with darker colours - contrast would be too low I guess.

http://www.volkswagen-nutzfahrzeuge.de/ ... anten.html

Where did you see this?
Looks just like our German friends van! They live in Berlin.

Obertauern Austria. Last week.

soulstyledevon said:
Obertauern Austria. Last week.
Unlikely then; he's about 6'4" with no hair; despite the scary look, he's a top bloke.

I don't think it is that special we have a beach aswell,also with black roof.we live in Bavaria and there are lots of them!!??

In Spain you can buy the Beach model with lots of options, almost as the fat one (DSG, 114-140-189PS, colors, alloys... and 4motion).

I've ordered tge mine ine that will be delivered on April. It will be a 140PS 4motion Beach, manual, yellow. By default it have 17" steels (with I've ordered with), but you can choose furthe alloys.

I've found that in UK you have less options for the Beach model. I guess it depends on tge country (market)

Correct.
I have just checked and there is no 4motion option for UK :?
Estresao. Your spec sounds perfect, other than the yellow :mrgreen:
I am jealous :cool

soulstyledevon said:
Correct.
I have just checked and there is no 4motion option for UK :?
Estresao. Your spec sounds perfect, other than the yellow :mrgreen:
I am jealous :cool

Thanks! Yellow is perfect for my sunny country

Hi estresao. Does your (103kW) 140PS Beach 4Motion manual you have enough power and torque for you? I ask this question as I'm keen to get a 4Motion manual Beach here in New Zealand, and I can only get it with the Euro5 140PS engine. I'm told NZ will not be getting any Euro6 VW T6 engines. My present van is a (132 kW) 180PS 4Motion manual Multivan,so I'm wondering if I'll notice the lower power and torque. We have lots of dirt and gravel roads and snow/ice covered ski field access roads near where we live. I'm guessing it wont be an issue but thought I'd ask as you have a rather new 4Motion Beach. Thanks.
Any other 140PS Beach owners (4Motion or not) feel free to give your opinions.

In general I'm very happy.

I've changed a 140PS VW Passat for mi Cali Beach also 140PS, same engine both of them, but obviously many differences in gearbox, chassis, etc...

As you can imagining my former Passat was more nervous than my Cali and quite more light so I almost never needed to change to 5th gear climbing an slope, which I have to do with my Cali when road are very steep. In Spain, in some mountain roads, even had to change to 4th gear. Apart of that 140PS are more than enough, I never need to change from 6th gear.

Not done yet a proper off-road trip to test the 4motion but I think in this case 140PS will be enough. Again horses for courses, the Cali has no a quite low gear so the 140PS is not the main issue.

My conclusion is that if I were buying now and new Cali, maybe (not sure), I would buy a 180PS one. In Spain you can buy a Cali Beach 4Motion 180Ps manual gear, but I didn't because I though this engine was not mature enough and went for the reliability of the 140PS.

One more conclusion is that I'm no longer drive as use to do with my Passat, horses for courses, a Cali is a van and mainly a recreational vehicle, so when driving it I do more quite.

Thanks for your thoughts estresao. I feel the (103kW) 140PS 4Motion Beach Manual will be fine for us. Cherry Red. VW NZ still has no pricing so I'm no closer to getting an idea of a final cost. Needless to say no order has been placed yet. Still waiting. The California Beach has never before been imported into NZ by VWNZ, so they're having to start choosing 'Standard Spec' and 'Options Available' from scratch, and apparently grumbling a lot at the effort. I've done some test configurations from the German VW site, and from the UK list posted here. The numbers add up quickly though.

It's not easy to compare Spanish (I guess German as well) configuration/prices with British configuration because the current currencies status (The Euro is very low at this moment) and because option/models availability (the Beach 4motion is not sold in UK).

Back