Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

How many rear floor rails does the T6.1 Cali Beach Tour 4 Motion have? 2 or 3?

HugoFar

HugoFar

Vehicle
T5 SE 174 4Motion
It seems configurators show the 2wd Beach Tour with 7 seats (3 floor rails required) ,and 4Motion models with 5 seats. Can some one out there with a 4motion Beach Tour let us know how many floor rails you have. Thanks.

It seems configurators show the 2wd Beach Tour with 7 seats (3 floor rails required) ,and 4Motion models with 5 seats. Can some one out there with a 4motion Beach Tour let us know how many floor rails you have. Thanks.
Actually, thinking more about this I think I've got that number completely wrong. I now seem to recall our previous 4Motion Multivan had 4, or even 6 floor rails.
Please ignore above question.

AlisonF

AlisonF

Staff member
forum co ordinator
Top Poster
VIP Member
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
I think any Cali with 4Motion only has 2 rails as adding additional seats adds too much weight.

HugoFar

HugoFar

Vehicle
T5 SE 174 4Motion
I think any Cali with 4Motion only has 2 rails as adding additional seats adds too much weight.
That's true of the SE,(since MY2009?) Ocean and Coast models. (Our MY2008 4Motion has 3 rails.)
The Beach Tour appears to be the same rear layout as the Multivan.( called a Caravelle in the UK only I think) 2wd or 4Motion. The rear 3 seat bench requires 4 rails to slide on. Extra seats only allowed with regard to weight limits.
I've just had another look at the Australian spec sheet and found images of 4 floor rails in both 2wd and 4Motion models. So I've managed to answer my own question...

Tarquers

Tarquers

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 4Motion
Beach is 4 rails in all configurations. Seems the U.K. only allows you to order one extra seat for some reason. 7 seats in both camper and tour seem ok in Europe.

AlisonF

AlisonF

Staff member
forum co ordinator
Top Poster
VIP Member
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Beach is 4 rails in all configurations. Seems the U.K. only allows you to order one extra seat for some reason. 7 seats in both camper and tour seem ok in Europe.
The Camper, I believe, can be a 7 seater in UK as has a 3 seat bench. Whereas the Tour is only available with a 2 seat bench in UK, hence max 6 seats.

Tarquers

Tarquers

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 4Motion
The Camper, I believe, can be a 7 seater in UK as has a 3 seat bench. Whereas the Tour is only available with a 2 seat bench in UK, hence max 6 seats.
believe you have them round the wrong way. Camper can be configured with 3 seat bench, but you can only order one additional chair for some reason on UK system. No idea about the tour.

VW California Club