Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

3 seat bench query

C

crashs2k

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Beach Tourer 150
Have a query regarding the base of the 3 seat bench - does it lock into place when in it’s normal position?

Haven’t noticed it before but we can lift up the base by a few inches and it appears there is a catch to keep it in position?

However I can’t seem to see how the latch closes and it is in its permanently open position so either it’s broke or doesn’t work as intended?

Any advice appreciated!

1F115DA2-7113-4030-9585-E167BA7BABF4.jpeg

Have a query regarding the base of the 3 seat bench - does it lock into place when in it’s normal position?

Haven’t noticed it before but we can lift up the base by a few inches and it appears there is a catch to keep it in position?

However I can’t seem to see how the latch closes and it is in its permanently open position so either it’s broke or doesn’t work as intended?

Any advice appreciated!

View attachment 93976
Does the seat slide fore/aft when the seat lever on the front is in the closed position?

It's normal, I had the same query . Even my friend's caravelle does it

Does the seat slide fore/aft when the seat lever on the front is in the closed position?
No the seat doesn’t slide fore/aft when the lever is closed. Looks like it’s normal / as designed.

No the seat doesn’t slide fore/aft when the lever is closed. Looks like it’s normal / as designed.
The default for the seat is Locked into the rails. Raising the leaver Unlocks.

When the leaver is raised it pushes the " Legs for want of a better name " downwards disengaging them from the ridges on the underside of the top surface, with the slot, allowing them to slide. When released they are spring loaded to pop up to engage in the ridges on the underside of the slider top surface.

Back