Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Swap Beach 3 seat rear configuration with 2 seat rear configuration

CalNicRen

CalNicRen

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hi folks,

I am considering two almost identical Beach vans, one with 3 seat and one with 2 seat rear benches. The 3 seater version bed as we know are much higher and so I would prefer the 2 seat layout which will allow me to sit up straight in bed. I’ve tested both now and the 2 seat is the only practical option for me. Unfortunately the 2 seat version only seems to come with cream interior and I would prefer grey as in most 3 seat versions.

And so to my question… has anyone ever swapped the rear bench configurations over? I can see this has been advertised on forums previously But just wondered if it is a simple swap or a bit of a faff.

Any feedback appreciated. Heading to England from Scotland this week to view some vans so hoping to make a purchase imminently.

Thanks folks.
Callum

Mechanically I dont see any problems. The 2 seater bench needs floor rails 1 and 3 (counting from the sliding door). The storage box fixes to rail 4. Seats are very heavy, def a 2 or more strong person lift out.
I don't think VW ever offered the 2 seater Beach in the black/dark grey trim so likely to need either a retrim / seat covers if want to maintain a consistent colour scheme. Finding a 2 seater bench might be the biggest problem. Two seater bench from an SE/Coast/Ocean would probably also fit but dont rely on my knowledge for that!.
Would be worth having a chat with Kernow Transporters/Conversions as they have done this sort of thing. Probably as far away from you as could be though.

Back