Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

2023 Discover Media Pro Speed Limits

california.will-g

california.will-g

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204
Evening folks,

We were away this weekend in our 23my Ocean with the media pro option, we usually use Andriod auto for the navigation but used the Californias system for the 1st time, all went well apart from the system not showing the legal speed limit for the stretch of road you are currently on similar to the Google maps on the Andriod auto display.

Are we missing something in our selected settings or is it not possible to have the limit displayed on the navigation screen.

Many thanks

It’s a setting somewhere. Are your settings at the top of the screen to the left of the clock the same? Ie globe showing you have data etcIMG_1332.jpeg

Yes, globe & data both present, have read manual and done a youtube and Internet search but can't see how to turn it on, I'll give it another bash tomorrow

Do you get the traffic info displayed with orange & red roads?

Yes live traffic info was displayed, amber, red and live traffic announcements re congestion

Just thinking about it, I have the traffic sign recognition, I’m not 100% sure that’s not where the info is coming from.
I can’t remember if previous vans showed the limit there.

Found this earlier from a fellow memberScreenshot_20231020_203726_Chrome.jpg

In the Navigation screen go to settings (bottom right) and you’ll get an option to display speed limit on the map view.

Also if you go into the driver assist menu you can select warnings for over speed. Audible; Audible & Visual; or Off

Haha.
Seriously though, you can select various things including restaurants to be displayed.

Can you see if your SatNav can find any good Spanish restaurants ;)
Not sure about the good bit.
More useful for showing petrol stations just off the motorway etc.
A lot of people knock it but I actually find the vw sat nav offering fine. Routing seems ok & the traffic info is good.

Thanks for everyone's input, I'm glad to say that we now have the speed limits displayed on the navigation centre screen.

As per andyinluton's instructions I enabled the traffic signs in the settings and now all sorted.

Many thanks again

Back