Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Satnav Updates 6.1 Discover Media Pro

Aye, it’s all clear as mud and doesn’t inspire confidence. GG, I’m wondering does your van have access to Wi-Fi, has it been to a dealer recently, or is the assumption that these huge data updates happen over the van’s VW connection?
Hi @johna
Mine has been into the dealership as recently as 1st week of March and I believe they updated the satnav database.
Yes I can connect my van to my home wifi but I don’t often do so, I just leave it on the built in SIM data connection.
I don’t know, but doubt that major satnav map updates are done over the air because the files are huge but maybe minor ones are?

Aye, it’s all clear as mud and doesn’t inspire confidence. GG, I’m wondering does your van have access to Wi-Fi, has it been to a dealer recently, or is the assumption that these huge data updates happen over the van’s VW connection?
I am currently wondering whether the updates are over the air because there are so few people having active knowledge of how their system was updated.

I am also pondering the idea that the version information, 23.1 for me, refers to a an installation data rather than a software release date. Hence people with 23.4 have the same software as me (22.11) but it just arrived automatically a little later, or took longer to download.

But as you say, clear as mud.

I am currently wondering whether the updates are over the air because there are so few people having active knowledge of how their system was updated.

I am also pondering the idea that the version information, 23.1 for me, refers to a an installation data rather than a software release date. Hence people with 23.4 have the same software as me (22.11) but it just arrived automatically a little later, or took longer to download.

I'd had the same thoughts, particularly given that the VW web page claims the last update was 28/11/22.

From the booklet 'Composition Colour, Discover Media, Discover Pro Infotainment system":
1683392463386.png

From Owner's Manual:
1683392514279.png

I can confirm that my SatNav database has indeed been updated over the air recently without any action on my part. Latest version now 23.5 which I assume means May 2023

IMG_4243.jpeg

Back