Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

17 inch Spare questions

daveyboydanger

daveyboydanger

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hi all,
Didn't think about my spare tyre when upgrading my alloys outside of VW spec.
I have 17inch alloys but a 16inch spare. I'm selling that with my 16inch alloys as it's no use to me (is that right?). Any ideas where is best to get a spare 17inch steely? Any other suggestions other than eBay?
Will the cage underneath hold the 17inch spare ok?
Any help is much appreciated.

I'd think the carrier is the same on all, even 18's (mine is in there fine) but as @WelshGas says if the wheels are the same radius it doesn't matter, aesthetics aside (and will remind you to change that flat a lot better!)

I'd think the carrier is the same on all, even 18's (mine is in there fine) but as @WelshGas says if the wheels are the same radius it doesn't matter, aesthetics aside (and will remind you to change that flat a lot better!)
Thanks Andy and Welsh. Really helpful.
Bit clueless on tyres. How do I check the rolling radius?
As you say, if it works as a spare I'm happy.

Just as a point of interest, what spare do you 17inch alloys as standard people have with the van from factory?

They're almost certainly going to be the same if they were fitted by VW/dealer etc - lower profile tyres on the 17"s would offset the chunky rubber on the 16" Just measure from centre of the wheel to the outermost edge of the tyre - that gives the static measure which is good enough. (Or stand them side by side!)

Back