Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you bought for your Cali today :-)

IMG_7314.jpegSome of these from eBay to improve the dismal reversing lights from this

IMG_7313.jpeg
To this (terrible example in bright daylight but will hopefully make a big difference at night) :
IMG_7315.jpeg

For some reason it doesn’t like taking a picture of the led light. It’s bright and white, you’ll have to trust me.
You have to time it just right as the frequency is similar to a helicopter blades on a video.
They flash on and off and a camera image can take a pic whilst they’re off

You have to time it just right as the frequency is similar to a helicopter blades on a video.
They flash on and off and a camera image can take a pic whilst they’re off
Yes I know what you mean, weirdly the pic on my phone shows it ok, but the upload doesn’t. Even when I screenshot the image, the screenshot is with it off. Bizarre.

Kind of you to say, just trying to save many pounds. Can’t believe how much some Cali accessories cost!

Indeed, I paid £75 for something very similar! I don’t own a router or the skills to use one so I can sort of justify it on that basis. You’ve done a great job

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ordered a few weeks ago, but delivered and fitted today.

A set of seat covers from Ukatex for Euro 237 = +/- £202, including delivery from Germany.
Then £59 for duty/VAT and Parcel Force Clearance Fee, on arrival in the UK :(

Very pleased with the look, quality and fit, although I'm sure they will need a little bit of adjustment once they settle in. It took around an hour to fit the full set and was pretty straightforward.
The outer edges of the upper covers on the driver and passenger side are designed to allow the airbags to deploy in an emergency.

Not waterproof but they should protect the standard seats from everyday dirt and grime. I have a pair of fully waterproof front seat covers in the boot anyway for times when they are needed.
P1030276.JPG
P1030277.JPGP1030275.JPG

IMG_5804.jpegIMG_5805.jpeg
Finally went for it and replaced the awful bog standard flooring and as we’re spending a week in the lakes took the plunge and bought a driveway air awning, was a great offer on at our local camping store and got it for £460! £700 on the Vango website.

View attachment 122116View attachment 122117
Finally went for it and replaced the awful bog standard flooring and as we’re spending a week in the lakes took the plunge and bought a driveway air awning, was a great offer on at our local camping store and got it for £460! £700 on the Vango website.
Your red leather seats are lovely, an inspiration. They look stunning in the overall colour scheme, in my opinion. Thanks for sharing the photos.

Ordered a few weeks ago, but delivered and fitted today.

A set of seat covers from Ukatex for Euro 237 = +/- £202, including delivery from Germany.
Then £59 for duty/VAT and Parcel Force Clearance Fee, on arrival in the UK :(

Very pleased with the look, quality and fit, although I'm sure they will need a little bit of adjustment once they settle in. It took around an hour to fit the full set and was pretty straightforward.
The outer edges of the upper covers on the driver and passenger side are designed to allow the airbags to deploy in an emergency.

Not waterproof but they should protect the standard seats from everyday dirt and grime. I have a pair of fully waterproof front seat covers in the boot anyway for times when they are needed.
View attachment 122035
View attachment 122032View attachment 122031
Looks good. Are they on top of the "Art Velor" seats?

Regards the waterproof covers, what do you have and are they very quick to fit?

Looks good. Are they on top of the "Art Velor" seats?

Regards the waterproof covers, what do you have and are they very quick to fit?
They are on top of the standard Palladium seats.
I thought about the Art Velor option when we put our order together but decided it would be wasted as I planned to put seat covers on anyway.

The waterproof covers are these. At £14 a pair they are cheap as chips but do the job. I've used them in the past on several different vehicles. Over time with extended use, the waterproof membrane layer on the seat bases wears out and cracks but at the price they are cheap enough to replace. The material is nice and thick, unlike some other low cost waterproof seat covers I've had in the past.:

You can't use the armrests with them as the seat covers go over the raised armrests.
They have velcro down the sides allowing the airbags can deploy.
If anything, they are perhaps an inch or so short in the seat back length with the headrests raised to the correct positions, but there is enough material in the base section to compensate.

They are on top of the standard Palladium seats.
I thought about the Art Velor option when we put our order together but decided it would be wasted as I planned to put seat covers on anyway.

The waterproof covers are these. At £14 a pair they are cheap as chips but do the job. I've used them in the past on several different vehicles. Over time with extended use, the waterproof membrane layer on the seat bases wears out and cracks but at the price they are cheap enough to replace. The material is nice and thick, unlike some other low cost waterproof seat covers I've had in the past.:

You can't use the armrests with them as the seat covers go over the raised armrests.
They have velcro down the sides allowing the airbags can deploy.
If anything, they are perhaps an inch or so short in the seat back length with the headrests raised to the correct positions, but there is enough material in the base section to compensate.
Thanks, I'll grab a pair - be useful for tip runs etc

Now two years and a good 42,000 kilometers later, I have replaced the front tires: Continental 215/60-17C VanContact A/S Ultra TL 109/107T 104H
Quite a mouthful, but I was actually satisfied with the predecessors, so I bought them again. Only the word 'ultra' has been added and this means that they are more durable. I was a Michelin fan (also for their all-season tyres), but after the experience of the past two years I no longer have a preference for them. Price is almost the same here with us. The rear ones are of course still good for a while.

IMG_4248.jpeg

Years ago I moved away from summer tires and winter tires separately, each to their own preference of course.

Now two years and a good 42,000 kilometers later, I have replaced the front tires: Continental 215/60-17C VanContact A/S Ultra TL 109/107T 104H
Quite a mouthful, but I was actually satisfied with the predecessors, so I bought them again. Only the word 'ultra' has been added and this means that they are more durable. I was a Michelin fan (also for their all-season tyres), but after the experience of the past two years I no longer have a preference for them. Price is almost the same here with us. The rear ones are of course still good for a while.

View attachment 122173

Years ago I moved away from summer tires and winter tires separately, each to their own preference of course.
Did you put the rear tyres at the back?
If you can wear your rear tyres within 6 years it's no problem. Otherwise it's better you use the older tyres first, and put the new tyres at the back.

So today I was in Lidl and saw these battery push lights for £1.59 (I think) They are on special offer and seem very good quality, especially for this price. I’ve fitted them in the wardrobe under my shelves . They come with 3m tape attached so we will see how long they last stuck to the side wall of the wardrobe.

860394AF-DA38-4856-90C2-27887725C81D.jpeg

B1450D4F-7FD4-4061-88D5-F8A55A4810F8.jpeg

A131E74B-F6C6-487B-8903-3B89CAA77E54.jpeg

6A29B76A-81CA-4C90-B67A-0EB2B8983B84.jpeg

Last edited:
Did you put the rear tyres at the back?
If you can wear your rear tyres within 6 years it's no problem. Otherwise it's better you use the older tyres first, and put the new tyres at the back.
yes indeed, I also used to do that but they will all be gone in 6 years. I asked the tire fitter about it, but since they are the pulling tires at the front and they wear out much more than the rear ones, they did not swap front-rear.

An external plug socket for the shed to make leisure battery charging / jet wash duties easier. Next I shall make up a hook up cable that covers the distance just right to reduce the coiling up too for complete minimalist monthly slickness.

20240420_170610.jpg

Rear bumper protector after starting to get some minor marks due to my own clumsiness. It covers the marks and will hopefully be a bit more forgiving!

View attachment 121815

View attachment 121816
Hi
Rear bumper protector after starting to get some minor marks due to my own clumsiness. It covers the marks and will hopefully be a bit more forgiving!

View attachment 121815

View attachment 121816
Hi, may I ask where you got this from.

Back