Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Wellhouse Terrier Ford camper

rippers

rippers

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Saw a new one outside a ford dealer and stopped and had a look. Was priced at £49,000 155ps engine.
Don't get me wrong it looked ok, but the Cali was so much more refined in every single way.
Good to see the alternatives as it makes you appreciate your Cali even more!.. well in my opinion anyway

We just spoke to a dealer who completely put us off one!

Basically said the Ford is too high, not as well finished, a bit underpowered.

It certainly was tall, but we noticed the ceiling high was very low inside, may have only been a few inches in it but thats a lot when trying maneuver around. We also noticed whilst the rear seat might have three belts you would have to be stick thin or a small child without a car seat to fit three people in the back

We certainly did find the lack of seating a pain when, for example, picking up a kids friend (our little hatch has more seats!) but it's not a massive issue for a family of four.

And £49k is well into Cali territory.

Saw one last year at a local show. No.

I did a bit of a comparison with the Cali in a previous thread:

http://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/cali-still-the-best.9632/#post-89431

I am in the unusual position of being able to put the two side-by-side to compare. There's not much in it on paper but the Cali, for me, has the edge for refinement and automotive feel. This may change though as the Terrier 2 is out for the NEC show which has new 'Italian designed' furniture. Looks a bit like the Marco-Polo design to me!

11866495_10207268904179262_5790643725894259106_n.jpg

Back