Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

We Connect, Online Anti-Theft Alarm

J

Jester

Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Grand California 680
Has anyone had an activation or had any occasion to use the We Connect. How well does it work, also do insurers know about the alarm side or things, it should.

When I have been getting quotes, most insurance companies didn’t know about this functionality and when explained I believe they put this down as a ‘OEM tracker’

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have had a correct alert that the alarm was going off via we connect. It was about 10mins after the event that I got the alert.

I think the issue I'd have with relying on the in-built technology, is that it will not be too difficult for a crim to discover the location of the router, sim and aerial in order for him to simply target that device or jamming that device immediately they break in or steal the van....so disabling the system.

The real benefit is having something installed that it hidden and using a technology that cannot be jammed or found.

That same jammer can be used against additional installed tracking device. They just won’t be able to find the aerial/device that easily.

I think the issue I'd have with relying on the in-built technology, is that it will not be too difficult for a crim to discover the location of the router, sim and aerial in order for him to simply target that device or jamming that device immediately they break in or steal the van....so disabling the system.

Or just change user settings to stealth mode. We connect then won't show the van location.

A bit of tin foil over the roof arial has the same effect!

That same jammer can be used against additional installed tracking device. They just won’t be able to find the aerial/device that easily.

Agreed if GPS (SIM) type of tracker device. But if VHS then difficult to jam.

Back