Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Interior Alarm.

Paul1

Paul1

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
How do you switch the interior alarm off when the side door has been open for a few hours, ie when on a pitch ? The handbook says switch the ignition on then off or shut the doors so the light becomes bright on the pillar behind the drivers seat. Just returned from Portugal where the side door was open for most of the day then when I want to leave the dog in the cali and lock the the doors she sets the alarm off. If I have been driving for a while its ok, when I stop open the door the light is already bright without pressing it and its ok. So if I did not check, the interior alarm is off every time i lock the doors. When the side door has been open for a while the button on the pillar will not light up despite pressing it. Had to resort to locking drivers door with key witch seemed to work but not happy with that because you cannot unlock the door with the key but have to use the remote. Seems a lot of faffing about when reading the book, why don't they put a simple on/off switch ? :doh Paul

On my 2009... simply close the sliding door and open again. (This reactivates the switches)

Lights on the switches go red... Press twice to turn them orange.

Job done.

Rgds

M

Thanks, when we get a bit of sun so the door is open a few hours I will try that. Paul.

I always get confused whether Red or Orange is disabled - they are both pretty negative colours.

Does Orange mean the interior sensors are off?

T

teeboy said:
I always get confused whether Red or Orange is disabled - they are both pretty negative colours.

T

Strangely enough.. yes indeed... :cool

teeboy said:

T

Doesn't help if your are colour blind either...Orange is the brighter one...yes?

Alan

Back