Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

View from/of your van.

What a cracking looking place. Is that Camping Le Fresneda? Heading that way at the end of May - just found myself a camping site!
It really is a cracking site. Facilities are very good. You can order meals from a a wide menu and delivered by a couple of young ladies doing a great business. Bread is delivered to your pitch. A small bar serving beers wine and proper coffee. OperaTed by a Dutch couple. You will need to book in time as it’s very popular with Dutch. Take note - no dogs

ac1e46d75f8d7cfd98b0a9eb154e7c0b.jpg

I think this is Amarillo caught on Google Maps satellite view. The yellow colour, the solar panels on roof and the bike rack all match. And is that me standing by the open driver’s door?
Famous at last :headbang

What a cracking looking place. Is that Camping Le Fresneda? Heading that way at the end of May - just found myself a camping site!
Sad to see you lot have discovered La Fresneda ;-) j/k

It's a great little site. Lovely view. The (Dutch) owners are very, very organised. To the point of OCD, lol, but in all seriousness, a lovely couple with a lovely site! A small site so hard to get a pitch in high season if you haven't made reservations.

It can get really hot over there. There's no pool but a plunge bath which helps and they have some of the best natural swimming spots we've seen.

Guess we're going to have to do some travelling to discover new gems now this one is blown ;-)

Sad to see you lot have discovered La Fresneda ;-) j/k

It's a great little site. Lovely view. The (Dutch) owners are very, very organised. To the point of OCD, lol, but in all seriousness, a lovely couple with a lovely site! A small site so hard to get a pitch in high season if you haven't made reservations.

It can get really hot over there. There's no pool but a plunge bath which helps and they have some of the best natural swimming spots we've seen.

Guess we're going to have to do some travelling to discover new gems now this one is blown ;-)
We discovered some absolute gems on our Spanish / Portugal tour a few yrs ago run by Dutch owners in some beautiful ‘off the beaten track’ places. Always immaculate. And in fairness, you Dutch do like to travel!

We discovered some absolute gems on our Spanish / Portugal tour a few yrs ago run by Dutch owners in some beautiful ‘off the beaten track’ places. Always immaculate. And in fairness, you Dutch do like to travel!
We do indeed. And since we have a plan to spend 5 weeks in Portugal and passing through Northern Spain, I would love to know about some of these ''off the beaten track'-places you would suggest.

We do indeed. And since we have a plan to spend 5 weeks in Portugal and passing through Northern Spain, I would love to know about some of these ''off the beaten track'-places you would suggest.
I’ll dig out our travel log. Although you probably know them well!

It really is a cracking site. Facilities are very good. You can order meals from a a wide menu and delivered by a couple of young ladies doing a great business. Bread is delivered to your pitch. A small bar serving beers wine and proper coffee. OperaTed by a Dutch couple. You will need to book in time as it’s very popular with Dutch. Take note - no dogs
Who’s Opera Ted?

Still on Orkney. Here's the Italian Chapel.

View attachment 121683

You’ll never get the tailgate open with that on the bike rack ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still on Orkney. Here's the Italian Chapel.

View attachment 121683

An incredible place to visit , we really enjoyed our time there last year

5767FE33-53DB-4F8C-9C8E-69F1D47D67CA.jpeg