Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

TV thoughts and suggestions

Princess Doris

Princess Doris

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
I'm sure this has been covered many times. I did try the search function but got no results.
Suggestions for TV make, model, size and best place to set up. Also ariel Suggestions.

A lot of people use a projector like the Anker Nebula and a drop down projector screen. We have that setup and it works brilliantly, provided we have Wi-Fi. Getting things to play on the projector that have previously been downloaded is more challenging, and I can’t figure out how to play from iPlayer downloads (but can play streamed through Wi-Fi). I’m planning to see if I can get a really compact battery powered dvd player for when there’s no Wi-Fi. Hope that helps.

We use a iPad for the tv just tag it to the phone, when no signal we have got a rechargeable dvd player, which can also be plugged in.

We have an August TV. It’s a bit bigger than an ipad, works like a normal TV, comes with a remote and a couple of aerials, though the signal has to be reasonably good to get a picture. We’ve bought an Avtek external aerial that sticks on the side of the van and that works well. If staying on a site, the bollard will often have an aerial outlet, so we carry a length of coaxial cable to connect to it.

i think ours is the DA100. We place it either on the sink lid or on the internal folding table. We can watch from the bench seat or the turned round drivers seat. You could probably watch it in the upstairs bed too.

A lot of people use a projector like the Anker Nebula and a drop down projector screen. We have that setup and it works brilliantly, provided we have Wi-Fi. Getting things to play on the projector that have previously been downloaded is more challenging, and I can’t figure out how to play from iPlayer downloads (but can play streamed through Wi-Fi). I’m planning to see if I can get a really compact battery powered dvd player for when there’s no Wi-Fi. Hope that helps.
Sorry to hijack the thread but I was wondering what the Anker Nebula is like during the day when it's light? Love the idea of the projector but wanted to be able to use it during the day too.

Sorry to hijack the thread but I was wondering what the Anker Nebula is like during the day when it's light? Love the idea of the projector but wanted to be able to use it during the day too.
Useless, well more than useless.
Get yourself a very large iPad Pro and Velcro into the rear pull down cupboard.
Then watch whilst in downstair bad.
But pray it doesn’t fall on you ;)

Useless, well more than useless.
Get yourself a very large iPad Pro and Velcro into the rear pull down cupboard.
Then watch whilst in downstair bad.
But pray it doesn’t fall on you ;)
iPad Pro’s are around £1000 new. We manage very well with the basic £300 iPad, connected to the phone as a hotspot - you can watch the iPlayer, ITVX, All4, My5, Netflix, etc, provided you can get a phone signal.

Another iPad user. Nice and simple. Of course you can download stuff on iplayer for when there’s no signal

We use a iPad for the tv just tag it to the phone, when no signal we have got a rechargeable dvd player, which can also be plugged in.
What’s the rechargeable dvd player you have for iPad? How long does battery last.
Thanks

iPad for us aswell - it’s only a small space! We hardly ever watch tv in the van tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What’s the rechargeable dvd player you have for iPad? How long does battery last.
Thanks
It’s a Sony i brought probably 10years ago, battery lasts 3hrs, it is also came with 12v adapter and if your on eh you can use it on mains.

It’s a Sony i brought probably 10years ago, battery lasts 3hrs, it is also came with 12v adapter and if your on eh you can use it on mains.
Ah is it one with separate screen as I thought you had a little dvd that worked off iPad

It’s very watchable, an amazing bit of kit. We drop the blinds and fire onto it, so it’s easy to make the van dark…