Servicing and Dealers around Bedford

Pasper2

Pasper2

VIP Member
Vehicle
Grand California 600
Hi All

Recently bought a 2012 Berghaus "Bertie" as he is now known
He is due an annual service and MOT, warranty expires in June. I need to check that the roof repair has been registered and make sure I am contacted when this happens as the new owner.

Currently live in Bedford and work in Letchworth have any of you got any suggestions on which dealer to use around this area? Is is best to talk to the dealer regarding the roof repair or speak to VW direct?

Locally I have Milton Keynes, Wellingborough or Hatfield nearer to work. Any experience of these?

Thanks in advance Justin

My only experience with any of those dealers was Hatfield and I wouldn't touch them again with a barge pole

Roof needs to be inspected by a van centre who will then open a warranty claim. I use Brian Currie in MK for mechanical stuff. I would not use Hatfield either.

Sent from my SM-G900F

Not Bedford... but not a million miles away... Vindis in Northampton have quite a lot of experience on Calfornias, are quite well equipped and have been pretty good with my van... They've put right damage done by other dealers. :eek:

Rgds
M

Cheers Guys - I will talk to both of those dealers and see how I get on..........

Hi Pasper,

Would be interested to know who you go for and your experience. I'm just outside Bedford and bought from Hatfield. I would be interested in alternatives to going back there.

Cheers
Mark

Early days (new franchise) but Brian Curry's in MK have been good so far. They really supported us in getting a post warranty claim agreed with VW and have demonstrated good customer services. So far so good.
Phil

Booked with Vindis Northampton early June for MOT and a few warranty bits, service not due till 2016 as was given a long life 5000 miles ago. Will let you know how it goes.

All good from Vindis Northampton, only needed an MOT as is on the longlife 2 year service. MOT passed and fixed a twisted seatbelt, picked up and dropped off from my house for no extra charge. Warranty looking at wheel corrosion to see if I can get them replaced. Will certainly use again.

Had my van serviced by Brian Curry lat week. Also did cam belt with water pump & DSG oil change. Gave me a good discount. Can't fault service or work.
Shall be using them again.

Sent from my SM-G900F

Hi,

Thought I would post an update to this thread, having been to Brian Curries today for a Oil Change / Inspection Service.

Very impressed!

Friendly, efficient welcome (so many places down't even look up from the computer screen).
I elected to wait while they did the work. They have a good waiting area, the nice lady offered to make me a coffee. They offer a complimentary breakfast over the road if you are waiting. Plus they supplied me with a personal "3" wifi hotspot so I could work.

Work completed promptly, for the price agreed (which was considerably cheaper than others). Van returned cleaned and clean (i.e. no oily finger marks). Technician came out to personally hand the the van back to me and explain the work.

They gave me a free gift on check out, plus they offered to come and collect the van from me in a week to do some warrantee work on the electric door, and leave me with a courtesy van.

I actually had a "Complimentary Service" in hand from my previous dealer because of all the issues I had had with them, but elected not to use it and try Barrie Currie. Very pleased I did.

I am going back with the warrantee work, so time will tell if the service is continued, but first impressions are good.

Cheers
Mark

Last edited:
I had EGR valve done by Brian Currie. As above great service.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I've recently had a major service, MOT, water pump and timing belt done by them and they were brilliant.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Back