Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Sliding window security

Roof up can definitely lead to false alarm. I left the van in a french aire opposite the local pool when I went for a swim. Locked up the van with the remote as usual (had never considered the interior sensors being an issue in this situation before). Was relaxing in the sun by the pool and heard an alarm... Gradually became aware it was my van alarm when I looked across the lake to see my indicators flashing. Managed to reset the alarm with the remote from almost 100m! Have used the "pet" button by the drivers seat when the roof is up since then, however I like the suggestion about having the bed down and closing the hatch so the alarm is still on in the "downstairs".

We got our alarm working. Some one posted the solution in another post.
We have a Cali Beach 2022.
We always press the remote 2 times "to be sure" is is locked but when only pressed 1 time after 2 or 3 minutes the interior alarm is set and the alarm is going off when there is movement in the car.
And because nobody is really enthusiastic about the wulfshond things and what was said is also true and the things are pretty expensive we are not going to buy them.
Thank you all for your replies!!

I parked in Antibes last night and returned to find the side window on the floor of the van. Items were scattered all over the seats and floor. Nothing valuable was taken as the thief did not discover my hiding place. I managed using 2 kitchen knives to get the window back in place. It is working fine but it is slightly out of alignment at the bottom and I can see lights through a small gap. I reckon this will now be a water leakage issue.

I parked in Antibes last night and returned to find the side window on the floor of the van. Items were scattered all over the seats and floor. Nothing valuable was taken as the thief did not discover my hiding place. I managed using 2 kitchen knives to get the window back in place. It is working fine but it is slightly out of alignment at the bottom and I can see lights through a small gap. I reckon this will now be a water leakage issue.
So they got into your van by reaching through the side window they’d knocked out and opening the sliding door?! Do your doors not have deadlocks @Brian S ?

So they got into your van by reaching through the side window they’d knocked out and opening the sliding door?! Do your doors not have deadlocks @Brian S ?
Yes the doors have deadlocks. I presume they squeezed in through the window.

The plastic trim around the side door locking button was also bent open. I originally thought that this was a result of forcing the window. Now I am wondering if this was deliberately pulled off to gain access to the side door lock mechanism.

Scumbags !!
Hope it hasn’t spoilt your trip too much.

Last edited:
Thanks, no it hasn't spoilt my trip. I will be more careful where I park in future. The plastic trim popped back into place fairly okay. It looks perfect but is slightly loose.
The side window is about 3 mm out of alignment as the bottom rail. I reckon the steel tracking stud is bent. I will probably be able to fix it when I return home.

Back