The Blue Merle

The Blue Merle

4x4 joker
Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
N/A
Hi
I would like to see how everyones t6 dash looks like after 6mths or so of owning.
Maybe people with dogs or even ex hire not the show room condition vans.

The old dash wasn't pretty but it is very hard wearing, and just want to see if that posh gloss one is as strong.

you're in luck
I read your post armed with phone stood on drive.

I have a dog and 11 year old.
I think the dash is robust as any VW car. Think this level of trim (similar) was in my other half's Golf and then my daughter was 5 to 9 years old. No issues with that dash either in 4 years.

IMG_5209.JPG

Mine is ok after 8 months. Kept shiney with some chemical guys dash protector :thumb

66BFD518-9B0C-4AAF-9076-36BE6C0D985C.jpeg

No kids or dogs but no issues after 20k and 18 months daily usage. I was anxious it would scatch when we got our T6 but so far it has stood the test of time.

Why should a dashboard wear more when owning a dog ? Who puts a dog on the dash ....?

Why should a dashboard wear more when owning a dog ? Who puts a dog on the dash ....?
I have a crazy collie who sleeps on the front seats and loves a good shake in the morning.
Plus I’m always chucking keys shades etc on dash, just wanted to know if it scratched easy.
Love the look of it, love the bullet proof of T5 and wanted to see if the changes are still as tuff.

I have a dog. and a dashboard. the dash seems to be ok as the dog never sits on it. he prefers the floor or the chairs

I have a dog. and a dashboard. the dash seems to be ok as the dog never sits on it. he prefers the floor or the chairs
I have a crazy collie who sleeps on the front seats and loves a good shake in the morning.
Plus I’m always chucking keys shades etc on dash, just wanted to know if it scratched easy.
Love the look of it, love the bullet proof of T5 and wanted to see if the changes are still as tuff.
so ...the seats are turned around. the crazy collie shakes.wow.crazy. and then you throw your sunglasses on the dash. and it's the dogs fault it's scratched?

sorry. I've had a few beers. don't bite too hard. and not talking about the dog

Its not the dog sitting on the dash guys it’s just more aimed at dog owners as its harder to keep a van in showroom condition if you own a dog (especially camping in the winter etc).
I’m just looking at switching to a T6 soon

so ...the seats are turned around. the crazy collie shakes.wow.crazy. and then you throw your sunglasses on the dash. and it's the dogs fault it's scratched?
Your missing the point, I have a t5 and my dash is spotless and my dog has free range of downstairs. I’m just asking how tuff the new dash is

Your missing the point, I have a t5 and my dash is spotless and my dog has free range of downstairs. I’m just asking how tuff the new dash is
I am. your right. stupid question really

Mine's mint but boy oh boy, does it gather dust!
Loads and loads of dust!
I pinched my husbands best microfibre cloth and keep it in the top dash compartment because it shames me every time I get in the van ☹️

If talking about keeping clean ok , a dog does not help keeping the Cali clean .
It's the fact you say "hard wearing " that's a bit odd .
Any dash collects dust , as for scratches i rarely put something on there....certainly not my dog.
Anyway i have a T5 so no experience on T6 dash other than what i've seen in the showroom .
Strange post , must be the heat ...

If talking about keeping clean ok , a dog does not help keeping the Cali clean .
Any dash collects dust , as for scratches i rarely put something on there....certainly not my dog.
Anyway i have a T5 so no experience on T6 dash other than what i've seen in the showroom .
so your dog doesn't affect the dash then? anyway I have a t6 beach. dog thinks the dash is great. must admit to winding a bit and I'm sorry. good luck with the new dashboard dude. have I replied to the right bit here?

Not really I’m just trying to find out if a T6 dash is a robust as the old one.

Not really I’m just trying to find out if a T6 dash is a robust as the old one.
I get what you mean even if some are finding the question difficult. :thumb

So mine is 6 months old as per OP's original expectations.
I have dusted it once (last week) though I agree that was a bit overdue.
If a Dog is going banzai inside then I'm sure as @Meoncoast says, it will get scratched.
If a dog props its self up on the materials to have a browse then unless its claws are sharp and it has a boisterous nature it should be OK.

ABB13EE9-216A-459D-9C2C-7555CA889C84.jpeg 71473CF4-FFB0-4503-B0DC-B98427819721.jpeg
Hey Dakar

We get what you mean. We have a collie and a lab and 2 kids under 8. It always makes you think about how shiny surfaces will last.

Those bits on the T6 are quite hard wearing and are the sloped bits where you won’t chuck your keys and glasses down. I think you’d be fine with the new dash. Go for it.

Love it!!!!! @alan middleton
One of the kids?
EDIT
OOPS I thought it was a goat....must wake up before I post