Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

SE pump electrics

Mowbotman

Mowbotman

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Noticed a very quiet noise in the van the other day ( being deaf and having a cochlear implant does not help ?was hard to find ) after looking around found the tap on the sink to be very slightly open and the pump was running, how long for i do not know days or weeks , is there any way of isolating this when not using the camping side ? On other campervan/ motor homes there was always a switch to turn these off , i not sure if it still pumps although still runs , so ordering one just in case , but really want to know if there is isolation or if one could be fitted at the fuse end preferably even fitting a light to say its on !

Last edited:
Noticed a very quiet noise in the van the other day ( being deaf and having a cochlear implant does not help ?was hard to find ) after looking around found the tap on the sink to be very slightly open and the pump was running, how long for i do not know days or weeks , is there any way of isolating this when not using the camping side ? On other campervan/ motor homes there was always a switch to turn these off , i not sure if it still pumps although still runs , so ordering one just in case , but really want to know if there is isolation or if one could be fitted at the fuse end preferably even fitting a light to say its on !
Yes! There’s a fuse under the passenger seat or you can fit a switch under the sink to isolate the tap/pump. If fitting the switch I’d recommend fitting a relay at the same time to reduce the wear on the taps electrical contacts.
if you search “tap fuse” and “tap relay” there’s all the info.