Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

electrics

G

G3WRT

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
I am not an owner yet. Soon I am told. I am looking forward to it, of course. I know I will want to tap into the electrics for my amateur radio equipment. That means heavy duty cables to 12V. Anyone done that ? and If so I expect difficulties doing it properly. I would appreciate anyones experiences.

I am not an owner yet. Soon I am told. I am looking forward to it, of course. I know I will want to tap into the electrics for my amateur radio equipment. That means heavy duty cables to 12V. Anyone done that ? and If so I expect difficulties doing it properly. I would appreciate anyones experiences.
As above. I suppose the main question is - where is your equipment going to be when in use as you would want to minimise any cable runs.
There is 1 leisure battery situated under the front passenger seat, to the rear of the seat.
The second battery is situated at the rear in a cubby hole under the rear wardrobe accessed via a clip in panel.
The 2 Leisure Batteries are wired in parallel to give 12v x 150amps in total. Be aware that there is an in-line 75amp cube fuse on the +tve (red) pole on the rear battery.
In order to correctly measure the current draw etc: on the T6.1 the Positive should be directly to the battery +tve pole, but the negative -tve should be to a chassis earth point as the T6.1 has a battery monitor connected to each Leisure battery -tve pole.

• Agree
Reactions: Loz
Back