Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Pop top seals

Cubby

Cubby

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 199
Hi Everyone,
I hope everyone is making the most of the weather

Has anyone had problems with the seals of the pop tops once it reaches full opening capacity.mine has just started to pop out only slightly on the one corner of the main roof.When its closed to a certain point it pushes straight back easily enough but once opened again it pops back out it does not affect the actual bellows or compromise the inside of the tent but its very frustrating.

Hi Everyone,
I hope everyone is making the most of the weather

Has anyone had problems with the seals of the pop tops once it reaches full opening capacity.mine has just started to pop out only slightly on the one corner of the main roof.When its closed to a certain point it pushes straight back easily enough but once opened again it pops back out it does not affect the actual bellows or compromise the inside of the tent but its very frustrating.
Hi. Yep I suffer the same, particularly in warm weather. I am taking it to a dealer next week to see if it can be fixed. Thanks

Hi. Yep I suffer the same, particularly in warm weather. I am taking it to a dealer next week to see if it can be fixed. Thanks
Could i ask you to let me know what the dealer says and how they are going to resolve it as my Cali is 6 months out of warranty and cant see VW looking at mine out of good will

There is a long thread about this on the German cali forum. You can use translate in chrome to read it.

Basically it is either a replacement canvas or the existing ones glued in place

There is a long thread about this on the German cali forum. You can use translate in chrome to read it.

Basically it is either a replacement canvas or the existing ones glued in place

Cheers Paul i will take a look at it

IMO it’s a Warranty issue

would you be kind enough to post some photos of the issue to assist others

See post #56

bad batch ! Known issue, VW should replace it if pressed about the known issue

Could i ask you to let me know what the dealer says and how they are going to resolve it as my Cali is 6 months out of warranty and cant see VW looking at mine out of good will
Will do. Temporary fixed/improved by fitting some dashboad anti slip rubber in the channel to increase friction. Still aim for a proper warranty fix though.

Hi Everyone
I had this issue too on both the front and the back. While van was under warranty they replaced the canvas and within a short time it happened again. Almost like the canvas is too tight. The final solution was that the dealer got a really strong glue and glued it back in and that was 2-3 year ago and it’s never came back out. Hope this helps

Back