Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6 California Ocean Roof Problem (Anyone had this before?)

Mighelev

Mighelev

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Hi All,

Has anyone had this problem before as shown in the pic? Rubber seal has come away from the corner of the roof.

If I lower the roof and push the rubber back in its stays in place until the roof is fully extended and then it pops back out again.

Also any suggestions as how to fix it? Would you simply use a strong glue or a silicone type/grab adhesive product to reattach it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mig

tempImagedY7PoZ.png

the proper fix to that issue is new bellows. if out of warranty you could try nipping up the channel carefully with some grips and then hammering it back home. my beach did that in the same place. VW claimed to have fixed it but it then happened again

Hi All,

Has anyone had this problem before as shown in the pic? Rubber seal has come away from the corner of the roof.

If I lower the roof and push the rubber back in its stays in place until the roof is fully extended and then it pops back out again.

Also any suggestions as how to fix it? Would you simply use a strong glue or a silicone type/grab adhesive product to reattach it?

Mig

View attachment 88550
I wonder what adhesive they use? It's not a very detailed photo but I'm not seeing any tears so is it just a case of applying a form of adhesive? rubber based maybe?

Envoyé de mon SM-N981B en utilisant Tapatalk

I glued mine and it’s been perfect ever since… was a simple fix

I wonder what adhesive they use? It's not a very detailed photo but I'm not seeing any tears so is it just a case of applying a form of adhesive? rubber based maybe?

Envoyé de mon SM-N981B en utilisant Tapatalk
Sika flex I'm told be use ,pop it back in with the adhesive and leave the roof half up overnight.

IMG_20220127_123448.jpg

Hi Mig - it’s a known VW fault and they will fix it. We had the same problem and the VW dealership we’re able to organise a replacement for free - our T6 was 5yrs old at the time.

And me. Don’t use sealant get a proper fix either DIY or via VW dealer who knows how to properly.

My diy insertion has now lasted 3 years compared to the dealer 1 month.

As I said find one who has the tool and knowledge to do correctly

Last edited:
Hi All,

Mig

View attachment 88550
VW have a special tool to insert the rubber. This happened on 2 corners of our Ocean and once fitted correctly has remained in place for 2 years

I also had this issue and strong glue solved the problem never been an issue since - good luck

Hi Mig. I have a 2019 ocean which had the same problem. It was glued twice but these repairs didn’t last long. In the end Heritage VW vans in front Bristol replaced the bellows under warranty and all is now perfect. Hope you get it sorted soon.

Back