Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Overhead locker

You have to push it back first, otherwise it is very hard to open.
I'll try to make a video as I'm struggling to explain it, but "unlocking" it is not the problem. We can get the latch open (with a bit of force) but once that is open the drawer itself could sit halfway open and won't continue sliding until fully open. Most other Californias I've seen, this "slides" open one unlocked, much like the airplane ones that open downwards.

Does that make sense?

Thanks!

Thanks for all the replies and help @Anthony1 , @Hawthorn37 , @Mowbotman , @BeeBee !

There is a definite technique to opening…when pushing up, push up and back and then forward, whilst still holding pressure on the latch
Once all that happens, does the drawer slide downward until open? Most I've seen seem to work this way. Mine can stay halfway open and not move (and require more force than I would expect to get it moving again)... Or am I seeing a problem where there is none?

Thanks everyone!

I'll try to make a video as I'm struggling to explain it, but "unlocking" it is not the problem. We can get the latch open (with a bit of force) but once that is open the drawer itself could sit halfway open and won't continue sliding until fully open. Most other Californias I've seen, this "slides" open one unlocked, much like the airplane ones that open downwards.

Does that make sense?

Thanks!
Ours doesn’t drop down under its own weight, it needs steady but gentle force to continue the movement to fully open.

Back