Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Mosquito noise.

Kimbo

Kimbo

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
So you walk up to your van, press the unlock button and you notice a strange high pitched electrical mosquito noise coming from the van, seems to emanate from under the bonnet somewhere , sometimes does it upon opening a door, I noticed it when we picked the van up but the seller was partially deaf and had never heard it . I know this is probably the van preparing itself for a drive out but what on earth is it?, is it normal?. My dealership tells me the van shouldn't do it and doesn't do it!, of course when I tried to demonstrate it to the dealership, it didn't do it. Just curious, does yours do it? And what is it?

Could be, but it seems to be reincarnated every day and has survived a UK winter too

Could be, but it seems to be reincarnated every day and has survived a UK winter too
If you open the Drivers door first after unlocking then the electronics and high pressure fuel pump are activated for immediate engine start. How noticeable it is varies from vehicle to vehicle.

Absolutely normal. Fuel pump priming. Surprised your dealer didn’t know this!

I've been meaning to track down the source. I'm not convinced it's a fuel pump. It sounds a lot like a PWM input into some sort of actuator. A job for one day when I have nothing better to do...

Doesn't sound like any fuel pump I've ever heard but I'll take that suggestion . just wanted to know if it was normal, dealership said it wasn't and they would have to get it in the workshop for £75 of evaluation. VW really do know how to make money
as an aside, it appears to have two levels of volume

I know that the forum search function isn’t playing ball at the moment, but this question has been asked numerous times over the past 2 years. The common answer is the fuel system priming.

I know that the forum search function isn’t playing ball at the moment, but this question has been asked numerous times over the past 2 years. The common answer is the fuel system priming.
For those who don't know, you know you can get the internet to search for you by typing vwcaliforniaclub.com
leave a space after .com before entering your search term.

Seems like the short answer to this would be to get the search function working then. Just standing outside the headmaster’s office, reckon I’m next