Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Mid life crisis Cali Swamper!

Won’t fit properly. Rubbing issues and more deviation of speedo. 235’s are perfect and actually my speedo is more accurate than the stock size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Elitewheels state no rubbing with 245.

Elitewheels state no rubbing with 245.

With AT’s?? Go for it. I highly suspect you will have buyers remorse though! Hess, Terranger Oryx and my mechanic all told me the same thing. I’ve personally run 255/55R18 and 235/65R17 with no issues.

With AT’s?? Go for it. I highly suspect you will have buyers remorse though! Hess, Terranger Oryx and my mechanic all told me the same thing. I’ve personally run 255/55R18 and 235/65R17 with no issues.

Hmm good to know - thanks.

Hmm good to know - thanks.

I’d highly consider the Falkens over the BFG’s too. I’ve run both extensively and the Falkens are amazing. No noise, excellent in the rain, snow, sand, mud and wet grass. You mention the wife factor. She’ll hate the droning noise of the BFG’s for sure. And they are not as good in the rain and you live in the UK right?

I’d highly consider the Falkens over the BFG’s too. I’ve run both extensively and the Falkens are amazing. No noise, excellent in the rain, snow, sand, mud and wet grass. You mention the wife factor. She’ll hate the droning noise of the BFG’s for sure. And they are not as good in the rain and you live in the UK right?

Yeah, that was my thinking with the lack of interlocked tread blocks - either Generals or Falkens. Any experience of Generals?

Yeah, that was my thinking with the lack of interlocked tread blocks - either Generals or Falkens. Any experience of Generals?

My mechanic was running them on some of his rentals and they are ok, but he’s now switching to the Falkens after driving mine. Even ordered a set for his Hilux off-road beast he’s building now. Seriously, there’s a reason that Jeep uses them as standard on the Gladiator for example and many Aussies swear by them for the bush off-road lately. They’ve been gaining market share like mad.

I understand that BFG is soon to release the KO3 with a new compound to try and compete for the noise factor, but I’m sold on these after painlessly trying many. Cooper, Pirelli AT, BFG and Falken.

My mechanic was running them on some of his rentals and they are ok, but he’s now switching to the Falkens after driving mine. Even ordered a set for his Hilux off-road beast he’s building now. Seriously, there’s a reason that Jeep uses them as standard on the Gladiator for example and many Aussies swear by them for the bush off-road lately. They’ve been gaining market share like mad.

I understand that BFG is soon to release the KO3 with a new compound to try and compete for the noise factor, but I’m sold on these after painlessly trying many. Cooper, Pirelli AT, BFG and Falken.

Thanks, appreciated. Watching some reviews, there's definitely a tilt towards Falkens. Onroad comfort, mud clearance, side wall protection. Seem better almost all round (no pun intended).

KO3s are due to out this year (currently only available as OEM on the Ford Raptor in the US), but sizes are beign rolled out in a phased approach, with no sight yet as to whether they'll cater for our sizing.

Thanks, appreciated. Watching some reviews, there's definitely a tilt towards Falkens. Onroad comfort, mud clearance, side wall protection. Seem better almost all round (no pun intended).

KO3s are due to out this year (currently only available as OEM on the Ford Raptor in the US), but sizes are beign rolled out in a phased approach, with no sight yet as to whether they'll cater for our sizing.

If you do go for KO2’s be very careful and make sure the sidewall show’s made in USA and not made in Hungary. They had used a different compound and are much noisier. There is a lot of stock out there. Good off-road retail shops know this. Buyer beware.

Yeah, I think i'm off BFGs for now. Not worth the extra £300 just for white letters - lets be honest, the majority of our offroading we do is offroad parking on our driveway.

Well it's been too long since something was posted here.

I need the opinions of the masses...! Below are the options.

1. Black Rhino Midnight Black Warlord alloys w/ BFG KO2s (245/65/17)
2. Black OZ Rally Raids w/ BFG KO2s (245/65/17)
3. Black OZ Rally Raids w/ Falkens (equally could do Black Rhino's instead) (245/65/17)
4. Standard

Thoughts from the Cali swamper establishment welcome.

View attachment 123093

View attachment 123094

View attachment 123095

View attachment 123096

Option One from that selection gets my vote. That or the Davenports

Actually, it hasn’t rained in the UK since Brexit

I’ll more than likely go Falkens when my KO2’s need replacing. Not sure about the latest version though, they have made them super durable to complete with BFG AT’s but they are significantly heavier as a result.

As far as I can tell we won’t see the K03’s in Transporter sizes before 2025 at the earliest. All roads currently lead to Falken!

As far as I can tell we won’t see the K03’s in Transporter sizes before 2025 at the earliest. All roads currently lead to Falken!

I see what you did there....

I honestly cant make up my mind between the Warlords and the Rally Raids....

Normal looking alloy....
"IM GONNA PUMMEL YOU" alloy....

I’ll more than likely go Falkens when my KO2’s need replacing. Not sure about the latest version though, they have made them super durable to complete with BFG AT’s but they are significantly heavier as a result.

Haven’t heard about that, but the 3’s seem to be still widely available. The 4’s are hard to come by at least in Switzerland for now.

Yeah, I think i'm off BFGs for now. Not worth the extra £300 just for white letters - lets be honest, the majority of our offroading we do is offroad parking on our driveway.
BFG’s ran them for 3k miles to Paris and back twice.
Had to take extra paracetamol for the road noise.
Dont do it.
I’ve got Aligis Michelin but £250
A corner, wasn’t cheap. But them is quiet.
@Webbah_in_Switzerland says the falkens are quiet, and those are the ones I’d go for tbh.

And yep 235. Nope to 245

@wildslammer22 , by the way Tactic Vans has some new stuff it seems. Been looking at adding the magnetic MaxTraxx holders and maybe the new magnetic shower head holder and some nets for my front cabin roof. And perhaps their motion sensing LED lights for the Hess HeckBox. Always new tempting stuff. ;-)

My Devos Outdoor Ultimate kit arrives next Tuesday. Bought the Ultimate kit, a set of 2 20 watt solar panels to charge them and 2 motion sensing kits. Also have the JetBoil Basecamp kit arriving next Thursday with a Tailgater Tire Table and bag. New toys!

@wildslammer22 , by the way Tactic Vans has some new stuff it seems. Been looking at adding the magnetic MaxTraxx holders and maybe the new magnetic shower head holder and some nets for my front cabin roof. And perhaps their motion sensing LED lights for the Hess HeckBox. Always new tempting stuff. ;-)

My Devos Outdoor Ultimate kit arrives next Tuesday. Bought the Ultimate kit, a set of 2 20 watt solar panels to charge them and 2 motion sensing kits. Also have the JetBoil Basecamp kit arriving next Thursday with a Tailgater Tire Table and bag. New toys!

Some great kit there! I recently upgraded my Tyre Table.

I’ve been shopping too. I’ve got a pair of Stedi ditch lights and a Garmin switch pro to operate them and my ARB compressor which I’ve managed to fit under the bonnet. The Garmin is a nice bit of kit, no relays or switches to fit and you can operate via the head unit on CarPlay. The snag I’ve hit with the ditch lights is only Oryx sell the mounting brackets and they won’t deliver to the UK unless I meet their minimum order and VAT registered! My mechanic can order for me but I may have to buy something else to make up the minimum order value. Might have to get some of their recovery points unless you can recommend something from their catalogue…

Some great kit there! I recently upgraded my Tyre Table.

I’ve been shopping too. I’ve got a pair of Stedi ditch lights and a Garmin switch pro to operate them and my ARB compressor which I’ve managed to fit under the bonnet. The Garmin is a nice bit of kit, no relays or switches to fit and you can operate it from CarPlay. The snag I’ve hit with the ditch lights is only Oryx sell the mounting brackets and they won’t deliver to the UK unless I meet their minimum order and VAT registered! My mechanic can order for me but I may have to buy something else to make up the minimum order value. Might have to get some of their recovery points unless you can recommend something from their catalogue…

Ouch, that sucks! Similar issues with us in Switzerland as we are not fully EU. I also have the tire table, bag and the laundry line kit that attaches to airline rails coming from them. They have some nice stuff but not sure what the minimum is. One option could be to look into freight forwarders? This is what I use for situations like this with companies in Germany that throw me curve balls. I am sure there is something like this for the UK?