Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Mid life crisis Cali Swamper!

The old adage of buy once cry once… I thought I won’t need genuine maxtrax for what I’m doing. TBF they got me out but..
baeda77226df2df2d7a86f53c371c944.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMG_1095.jpeg
Fitted the 17” Kato’s this weekend with their new Michelin Agilis CrossClimate shoes.
235/60r17 117 Load Rating.
Fill the arches nicely.
Reading 1 mph less than waze
(BFG 235/65r17 were exact mph reading)
But man, are they quiet. Like whisper quiet on the motorway. Very pleased.
Have time to think about next wild boar hunting trip, whilst eating raw meat in my hide shorts and bashing things in the forest.

I've come to the conclusion that the multi spoke Rally Raid style of wheel is not the way to go. The swamper aesthetic is better served by these 17 inchers IMO. 235 65R17 tyres. What says the hive mind?

View attachment 120263
Agreed re RR wheels. Too sporty. I keep umming and ahhing on wheels.

Twin Monotubes would be no 1, but price is lumpy. I'm trying to convince myself on Black Rhino Armoury lately.

Agreed re RR wheels. Too sporty. I keep umming and ahhing on wheels.

Twin Monotubes would be no 1, but price is lumpy. I'm trying to convince myself on Black Rhino Armoury lately.

How is Cali ownership going a few weeks in - no regrets?

How is Cali ownership going a few weeks in - no regrets?

If I show weakness, she will attack. And I don't want that! So I sleep in it, cook the family meal in it.

Anything to sell her on the dream.

E/F Delta is a game changer for a quick brew. (and being a soft lad in zero degrees and pneumonia, I confess it powered an electric blanket). I beat myself with birch branches for that moment of weakness.

View attachment 120615
Fitted the 17” Kato’s this weekend with their new Michelin Agilis CrossClimate shoes.
235/60r17 117 Load Rating.
Fill the arches nicely.
Reading 1 mph less than waze
(BFG 235/65r17 were exact mph reading)
But man, are they quiet. Like whisper quiet on the motorway. Very pleased.
Have time to think about next wild boar hunting trip, whilst eating raw meat in my hide shorts and bashing things in the forest.
Not sure we need to know what you bash in the privacy of the forest.

If I show weakness, she will attack. And I don't want that! So I sleep in it, cook the family meal in it.

Anything to sell her on the dream.

E/F Delta is a game changer for a quick brew. (and being a soft lad in zero degrees and pneumonia, I confess it powered an electric blanket). I beat myself with birch branches for that moment of weakness.
Ecoflows are only acceptable for recharging the batteries for your cordless chainsaw.

Any of you FrontRunner officiandos know the difference between Gen 1 & 2?

This is currently on a T5 LWB Transporter. I’m assuming the Cali T6.1 roof rails are the same for fitting purposes?

IMG_1975.jpeg

IMG_1976.jpeg