Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Kitesurfers

Martyn 4950

Martyn 4950

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Hello...any kitesurfers on here besides myself and Richiesurfer?

Never on the sea but used to do quite a bit of buggying, in my Peter Lynn tri-wheel bug. Still have the kids but no longer have the buggy.

Kiter here too. Have been fine tuning where to store my board (134cm long) on extended trips when the van is fully loaded. Behind the front seats is okay, but gets a bit annoying stepping over it when you're living in the van. I've ended up putting it in the recess where the rear window is, fits just about okay (get zero visibility when I've got bikes and stuff on the rack anyway!)

Anyone else got board storage tips?

Kiter here too. Have been fine tuning where to store my board (134cm long) on extended trips when the van is fully loaded. Behind the front seats is okay, but gets a bit annoying stepping over it when you're living in the van. I've ended up putting it in the recess where the rear window is, fits just about okay (get zero visibility when I've got bikes and stuff on the rack anyway!)

I mostly ride the surfboard now which is tricky for storage but when I had a mazda bongo I used to put my twintip on the dashboard & kites in the footwell once parked up for the night.

Not a kitesurfer but I am a kite boarder. 2.5m HQ Beamer 4 line traction kite and Scrub landboard. Great hobby! :)

Yes indeed … Kitesurf, Paddle, SUP - even had a web shop and demo activity for 6 years, and doing surf camps (Aloha Camp) in Denmark. We just came home from 4 weeks in Croatia with a little kitesurf, but SUP almost daily - Here is a pic from yesterday, taken on the Beach in Hornbæk northern Seeland.

2017-09-03 15.16.18.jpg

All my stuff is on the roof, in the roof box. If I bring directionals or foil, they stay on the bike rack. In bags.

The Thule Motion XL takes a skimboard, a twin tip, three kites and suit, harness, etc. easy. I keep the weight low, so I can still elevate the roof with the stuff on board.

It was my mid-life crisis, never quite learnt but bought a lot of stuff, had nice trips to Tiree & ended up moving to a different bit of coast.

Should have just bought a convertible possibly but all good fun. Spent more time on forums than kiting...

Yes, kitesurfer from south coast, Goring my local spot. Strapless surfboard these days. Just returning to the water after tearing my MCL a couple of months ago

Back