Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

I pod cable interface

Bobbybus

Bobbybus

Learning how to be a hedonist...
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
I have the cable in the glove box connected to the 510 unit but I can't see how it connects to the I pod. Female connector cable to female ipod? I must be missing a connection, either in the glove box or my head! I bet the answer is so obvious that I can't see it.

Don't understand this, if you've got the right connector one end just plugs into the Apple device. Can you post a photo so we can see what you've got?

I have the cable in the glove box connected to the 510 unit but I can't see how it connects to the I pod. Female connector cable to female ipod? I must be missing a connection, either in the glove box or my head! I bet the answer is so obvious that I can't see it.

Does the cable in your glovebox look like this?

Free-Shipping-MEDIA-IN-MDI-USB-ADAPTER-CABLE-RCD-310-RCD-510-RNS-510-For-VW.jpg

No, that's a sub connector. Mine came with the older iPod connector and the newer lightning connectors, see photo

Edit: sub should have been USB, autocorrect at work again :mad:
image.jpg

Last edited:
Does the cable in your glovebox look like this?

N
Nope. Neither cable look the same as the one I have. The cable at one end goes into a black box about 3 inch by 1.5 inch, to which there is no obvious means of getting to it. At the end to connect to your device, on closer examination, it is a male connector but is shrouded with plastic so there is no way the ipod can connect. The male connector is too wide to connect to my ipod anyway. There is no writing on the cable to suggest what it is for or who the manufacturer is.
Er I am not very tech savi so asking me to put a photo onto the forum is like asking me to knit fog! I will have a go.

I would suggest you have the USB interface cable. It ends in a female USB socket to plug a USB memory stick in or an external USB powered Hard Drive.
You might be able to use the relevant Apple charge lead to charge the iPod or iPhone but that will be all.
This is what I have with a 16GB USB memory stick and 24 days of music on it.

Thank you all. I think I might go to somebody that deals in in car entertainment (ice). They may be able to tell me what if is for.

Back