Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

510 head unit

california kid

california kid

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Hi All . Help with this one please, I have the 510 head unit fitted in our Cali, with the socket in the glove box, how can I get a I pod to work through the head unit I have tried the small connector wire, do I have to have the Cali programmed for this to work. Any info would be appreciated thanks

Do you mean that you just had it fitted or did it come with the Cali?

If you had it fitted I expect it needs coding (VCDS) if it doesn't work, same with getting the nav in the display.

Where abouts are you based? Quite a few members have VCDS and can do basic coding.

Hi Reserves, The 510 head unit came with the Cali when we bought her. Tonight I connected the I pod with the cable, I pod is charging, but when going into media settings it is not recognising the I pod, I have Bluetooth audio & CD player ,does this mean I have to have it activated with the (VCDS), I am going to my local VW dealer in the next couple of days, if this is the case I will ask them to activate it for me, but would appreciate your comments if this is correct. I am based in the New Forest area. Thank you for your reply.

Hi Reserves, The 510 head unit came with the Cali when we bought her. Tonight I connected the I pod with the cable, I pod is charging, but when going into media settings it is not recognising the I pod, I have Bluetooth audio & CD player ,does this mean I have to have it activated with the (VCDS), I am going to my local VW dealer in the next couple of days, if this is the case I will ask them to activate it for me, but would appreciate your comments if this is correct. I am based in the New Forest area. Thank you for your reply.

It certainly won't need coding that's only if you've installed it after, if it's charging your phone that's a good sign.

My iPhone cable / interface has never worked since day 1, so I can't help you with the other bit.

From memory though, once plugged in you go to Media and select MDI I think

Back