Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Do we reject our new California

Both my jokers were used daily and never really went on electric hookup so I can’t help you.
I would say that the westy dealer I used struggled to get answers from them at times and they turn over million plus business with them.
I’ll be amazed if you get any response going direct, you to email your dealer with concerns and give them chance to resolve if that doesn’t work them it’s the hideous legal action. I would advice trying to sort any issues out without that route always found the friendly approach works best but be persistent.

Webbah Swiss guy maybe able to help with advice as he’s pulled his electric leisure side apart with new bats/solar etc.
Quite agree re polite approach. Having decided to keep the Joker, politeness is the only approach.
I fear that the dealer is not minded to provide the kind of service that one might call first class, but I'm guessing their model is profitable as it is. Get them shifted and to hell with the quality. A bit like the old Leyland vehicles and their predecessors, not to mention Land Rover, with both of which I was a victim. Oh yes, and British motorbikes too until the Japanese wake-up call.
But whilst the dealer falls short, and in my one vehicle purchase from them, one of their staff seems to put in some effort. Not all is bad.
And I suspect too that they themselves do not find Westfalia particularly helpful.
I get the impression that their are two types of campervan purchasers. The first regard their van as just the starting point to an improved modified vehicle and the second, like me, who naively thought that it was a camper ready to go.
But life would be dull if there were no challenges.

Ah forgot to say there are a some really bad customer service issues that have gone on. One of them being lack of communication snd customer care and also the fact the vehicle has been with them since end of Feb.
Sounds like Eurovans to me!!!

The content of a dealer PDI that people expect to be done is quite different to what the garage actually has to carry out. For example a PDI on new Suzukis consists of removing and stowing the towing eye, fitting the blank, and moving a fuse from one position to another, that is it. The next time the vehicle is touched will be when purchased, protective wrapping removed, vehicle washed, if you’re lucky the tyre pressures will be checked, bit of fuel in the tan, or battery charged, vehicle handed over, job done Other makes are very similar to this, with a few variations, and of course some dealers will do more than the manufacturers require, in my experience of delivering brand new vehicles most don’t.
I delivered a car yesterday, first day it was registered, the PDI was carried out in September last year, tyre pressures were way down.

The content of a dealer PDI that people expect to be done is quite different to what the garage actually has to carry out. For example a PDI on new Suzukis consists of removing and stowing the towing eye, fitting the blank, and moving a fuse from one position to another, that is it. The next time the vehicle is touched will be when purchased, protective wrapping removed, vehicle washed, if you’re lucky the tyre pressures will be checked, bit of fuel in the tan, or battery charged, vehicle handed over, job done Other makes are very similar to this, with a few variations, and of course some dealers will do more than the manufacturers require, in my experience of delivering brand new vehicles most don’t.
I delivered a car yesterday, first day it was registered, the PDI was carried out in September last year, tyre pressures were way down.
Strange that a marque wouldn’t use the dealer as a ‘last line of defence’ in checking that a vehicle was as the customer had ordered, in perfect condition?

Strange that a marque wouldn’t use the dealer as a ‘last line of defence’ in checking that a vehicle was as the customer had ordered, in perfect condition?
Sometimes the customer doesn’t know what they’ve ordered. I retrieved a vehicle recently that customer didn’t want as it wasn’t like the pictures on the manufacturers web site, they thought they’d bought the one in the pictures rather than the one they ticked the boxes for. Another wouldn’t take delivery initially because they thought they’d ordered a diesel, not petrol, despite that model not being available as a diesel, and don’t get me started on mats and spare wheels. :headbang

Hi all, we picked up our new Ocean 4 Motion on 20/03/24, having had a tracker [£899] installed and the 'Caravelle' badge changed to the correct 'California' badge. Drove the van home, parked it on our drive and having got the same comment from 2 different people on the fact that we should have ordered privacy glass, which we actually did, with the 'Sports Pack'. The following day we noticed drips of water that appeared to be coming out of the auxiliary heater grill, then on the drivers side 'window sill', also scratches in the plastic on the glove box, and scratches on the table, still never having actually used the van. We emailed photos to the garage and were told 'you definitely don't have privacy glass', and we can sort the other problems. Having not heard for a week, I rang again, to be told they were waiting to hear back from VW. More days went by, with more water coming in, we decided to call the garage and return the van for repair, and to be stored indoors. The salesman agreed with our concern, and told us it can be kept inside at their garage. We drove the van back to the garage on 27/03/24. Checking on the tracker, the van sat inside the garage for 12 days without even being started. On 08/04/24, we received an email from the sales manager saying that 'he has been passed our concerns, and will now take the lead'. Having checked the tracker, we saw that the van had now been moved, at speeds up to nearly 80mph, to another VW site, and was now being stored outside. Today [13/04/23], we decided to call into the garage and see the sales manager, to be told, they will look at ordering parts, they couldn't find a water leak, and most annoying, said that we had got privacy glass, but could add a tint, as he had on his transporter demonstrator.
Having spent nearly £80,000, plus tracker, insurance, Trelino portable toilet, windscreen cover, WiFi router etc. etc. we have totally lost any confidence in the van, and feel as though they are dragging this out so we miss the 30 day deadline.
Has anyone else experienced this kind of issue, if so what outcome did you decide on, because as first time buyers, this has totally put us off wanting to own the California to be quite honest. We expected a lot more for the money spent, and a more satisfactory response than we received today.

View attachment 121926

View attachment 121927

View attachment 121928
that leak is surely just the door seal,an easy fix. i wouldn't worry about water ingress making the van mouldy, i've flooded mine in the back when the shower valve stuck open and emptied the tank into the boot every time i turned on the tap. also spilt beers and full kettle before in there. all cleans up,dried out,no issues years later. if you can live with the dash scratches i would be keeping it providing the bellows don't leak,then you will see some better water ingress.
Here's the glass on mine,I don't find it an issue. I'm sure it was called heat insulating glass or something. You can always get a company to add tint. Beauty of that is if you don't like it you can peel it off.

20230515_152115.jpg

Reactions: SFO
that leak is surely just the door seal,an easy fix. i wouldn't worry about water ingress making the van mouldy, i've flooded mine in the back when the shower valve stuck open and emptied the tank into the boot every time i turned on the tap. also spilt beers and full kettle before in there. all cleans up,dried out,no issues years later. if you can live with the dash scratches i would be keeping it providing the bellows don't leak,then you will see some better water ingress.
Here's the glass on mine,I don't find it an issue. I'm sure it was called heat insulating glass or something. You can always get a company to add tint. Beauty of that is if you don't like it you can peel it off.

View attachment 122163
He has the posh floor, water gets under/in that great place for mould.
The standard floor can take lots of abuse/water/beer/dog vomit :bananadance2 never had an issue with that in my calis.

Great pic where is that?

He has the posh floor, water gets under/in that great place for mould.
The standard floor can take lots of abuse/water/beer/dog vomit :bananadance2 never had an issue with that in my calis.

Great pic where is that?
my standard floor has taken some abuse,trust me. pic is stonethwaite farm. borrowdale. tenner a night. just park up,no need to book,the farmer will find you as theres no phone signal. no showers . very narrow twisty access roads. pass the langstrath inn and keep going.watch your mirrors and wheels as big rocks jut out into the track

20240411_081647.jpg

Rear heater stuck on 29 degrees
Rear air vents not opening
Drivers door wouldn’t open
Sliding door wouldn’t close
Leisure batteries not charging
Ah forgot to say there are a some really bad customer service issues that have gone on. One of them being lack of communication snd customer care and also the fact the vehicle has been with them since end of Feb. Vehicle hasn’t been started up or moved and has been left / abandoned in the main car park outside dealer since middle of feb.

Aren’t trackers great!

That list should be fairly easy to resolve.

I had the first two years with a bad side door with Breeze - However I suspect it was VW trying to cut costs and oddly ended up costing them more.

Back