Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Countdown begins!

Hi Linda,
No Ferries. Euroshuttle and then " The Bridge " from Copenhagen to Malmo. Did you watch the Scandinavian Crime series on BBC4?
You can see it all on Google Earth.

Have a great trip Paul, that is an area we have in mind for a road trip, will hopefully watch and learn from your postings

Already. Packing done, cleaned, checked and ready for the off tomorrow. First stop Holiday Inn, next to the Euroshuttle Terminal in Folkstone. Departure 05.50am Friday morning.
image.jpg

@WelshGas ,
If passing Belgium and in need of any help or in case of breakdown ( let's hope not) , forgot something essential ,...you may give me a call , will pass you my number in a private message.
Belgium is not that big , and by the looks you will be passing my homelocation by approx. 15 km traveling on the E34 from,Antwerp to Venlo ( Netherlands). As you leave on fridaymorning where will be your first stopover?

Probably in Germany, around Osnabruck, or 300 miles or 3pm which ever is latest.
I'll then use my Satnav to find a campsite, starting with ACSI sites.
Each day will be an adventure as to where I'll end up. Plan to make a quick trip to Nordkapp and then sightseeing on the way back.

Have a great trip, looking forward to all the details and photos. :thumb Our imminent trip to Dorset will be like popping to the corner shop in comparison.

Looking forward to your trip report. Have a good one.

Have a brilliant trip. It sounds wonderful. Take care, I will be thinking of you, fantastic!

Have a great, safe time and please keep us up to date when you can:thumb

Have a great trip. Looking forward to the stories.

Well first section completed. Now at the Holiday Inn Express at Folkstone. Horrendous drive down from South Wales in the rain, very heavy all the way made worse by the spray ( I personally think ALL vehicles should have mudflaps as standard and ALL HGV's should have them and even side flaps - if you get 2 or 3 in convoy it's like being in a blizzard - rant over ).
Checked in and time for a G&T and then dinner. Early start in the morning, 5.50am Shuttle.
The Van is now absolutely squeak free. Checked the webcam at Nordkapp and it's SNOWING! Should be fun.
Bye for now. Hopefully I'll be able to connect tomorrow.

image.jpg Parked up for the night. Early start tomorrow.

Well first section completed. Now at the Holiday Inn Express at Folkstone. Horrendous drive down from South Wales in the rain, very heavy all the way made worse by the spray ( I personally think ALL vehicles should have mudflaps as standard and ALL HGV's should have them and even side flaps - if you get 2 or 3 in convoy it's like being in a blizzard - rant over ).
Checked in and time for a G&T and then dinner. Early start in the morning, 5.50am Shuttle.
The Van is now absolutely squeak free. Checked the webcam at Nordkapp and it's SNOWING! Should be fun.
Bye for now. Hopefully I'll be able to connect tomorrow.

View attachment 8186 Parked up for the night. Early start tomorrow.

Good luck have a safe & enjoyable trip.

Thank you motacyclist. Haven't got to Nordkapp yet, so I think I'll keep to the same thread for the moment.:bananadance

Safe journey.

We'll all be watching out for your Cali in car park on webcam.

This is exciting!

Very good day. Weather has been perfect. No rain, No clouds either. Covered 390 miles through France, Belgium, Netherlands and into Germany. Numerous stops for coffee and lunch. Then stopped at 2pm and used the SatNav and my camping POI to find a nice, quiet ACSI campsite ( Campinplatz Aschenbeck ), 13€ for the night with hook-up and free WiFi. I'm using my iBoost system as I type as the free WiFi is only around reception and I'm 500m away. Working well.
The roads are a delight, where have all the cars gone, but plenty of lorries but they are restricted to the inner lane on 2 lane carriageways.
Funny things you notice. In France it is the graffiti on, it seems, every vertical surface. Belgium, clean virtually no graffiti and so flat, like Norfolk with the Big sky. Netherlands very nice and not so flat. Germany, graffiti on the bridges near towns/cities but very nice, varied countryside. The drivers on the Autobahn seem in the main so much more considerate than some of our own motorway bumpkins . NO lane hogging here.
I did keep my eyes open for you "hotel california" as I passed through Belgium but I haven't seen any California's so far. A few T5's and 3 T4 campers. Lots of BIG white motor homes keeping company with the lorries as I drove past and it's been snowing at Nordkapp.
On to Denmark tomorrow.image.jpg Lunch time break.
image.jpg Pitched up for the night.
image.jpg

Last edited:
On the road to Nordkapp , nice....
My Cali is nicely hidden away in my garage...:D...being prept to go to Norway within two weeks , no Nordkapp visit , planning to do the south and mid of Norway ...
By the time you come back i be heading off...
Ferry booked from Hirtshals to Kristiansand on the 2nd june:bananadance

On the road to Nordkapp , nice....
My Cali is nicely hidden away in my garage...:D...being prept to go to Norway within two weeks , no Nordkapp visit , planning to do the south and mid of Norway ...
By the time you come back i be heading off...
Ferry booked from Hirtshals to Kristiansand on the 2nd june:bananadance
Well I did wave. Let us know what the South is like.
Slept upstairs for the first time. Nice and cosy and easier to get up, with my advanced years than I had thought. Now, to have my porridge then hit the road for Copenhagen.

Another day and another country. Now in Denmark. Overcast skies and trying to rain , finally succeeding at about 4pm. Found another ACSI site on the outskirts of Copenhagen. 170 Dutch Kronor all in. Unfortunately their WiFi is down and cannot find any Fon signal for the iBoost so tethered to my Andry phone. Isn't it funny how each country is so different, even without a big sign saying Denmark, you notice the road colour changes, the electricity Pylons are different, never mind the signs etc. Denmark must be a world leader in growing oil seed rape. Wherever you look you see very large yellow fields everywhere.
Crossed The 18 km long fixed link across Storebælt comprises two bridges and a rail tunnel. Very impressive. The toll was 235 Dutch Kronor, about £23 one way. That is about twice the cost / km of the Seven Bridge.
Well all set up for evening meal. I'm not much of a cook and didn't want to spend too much time shopping or eating out, so I've got some boil in the bag expedition meals. Must admit they are very good.
image.jpg
image.jpg Ravioli in Tomato sauce followed by Toffee Pudding.
Across The Bridge tomorrow and Sweden.
Bye for now.

Fascinating following your blog...

Shows what adventures are possible...

Thank you for sharing... :thumb

Say Hi to Malmo for me. Nearly got there once...

Ravioli and not using seat covers?? braver man than me :)

Sausage and Beans tonight + Chocolate Pudding. I do eat over the table.

Less of my culinary abilities, or lack thereof.
It's Sunday so it must be Sweden. The Bridge is an absolutely fantastic engineering achievement. Pity you cannot stop on the island. Paying the Toll by card is so easy, and away you go. The roads were almost empty but got busier as you went north and neared Stockholm, probably everyone heading back after the weekend. The weather wasn't fantastic. Cold wind, occasionally sunny then squally showers making everyone slow done. Services were good, although busy, and everyone speaks English. Quite a few weren't sure where Wales was England = United Kingdom, but mention Tom Jones and they get the idea. Everyone so friendly.
Now pitched up on a campsite just south of Stockholm on what looks like a lake but is in fact the Sea, a nice inlet with forested sides and a nice sandy beach.
Some monster caravans on site with awnings you could fit 4 or 5 California's in. Obviously pitched for the season. Nice and quiet at the moment.
image.jpg
image.jpg image.jpg

Now for dinner.

I've got company.image.jpg

Is that a Mercedes pushing a camper....:bananadance
Hope the weather gets better , saw the Nordkapp cam , still a bit snow!