Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Club joker and Sven owners

If the new Cali T7 doesn't take off, I reckon the Joker/Joker City could be the lucky recipients.......

I'm collecting my Sven in 3 weeks time, I'll certainly be posting on this thread, thanks so much for highlighting it!

As I've said before, if you're wanting a sub £100k 2 berth upgrade for your Cali, it is without peer.

@Californication69 did they give you an idea of price/delivery times. Wandahome have one Sven in the black left for sale (the other 2 are sold) in has taken just over 2 months from order to delivery and they chucked in Alarm & Tracker FOC?
I’ll have a chat with both Campersales and Wanda and see what they can bring to the table.
And go with the best in my eyes.
They both have a grey one coming with fabric seats Sept, but might creep to Oct / Nov.
I told them both, not desperate for it. So can wait. As long as price is fixed and I don’t have a surprise as would want the deposit refunded in full if it goes beyond my budget.
Also they are both around 2.5 / 3 hour drive from my house.

Yes, I liked it too. I ordered my Ocean in Starlight blue, but it was really hard to make the paintwork look good as it showed lots of water marks. After I had done the failed bellows testing with the hosepipe it looked dreadful and even after a thorough wash I struggled to get rid of the watermarks.
So it’s kind of put me off the colour unfortunately :(

If I do get a Joker at some point (and I do really like them) I think I’d try and get a silver one.
Yep, why I would go for grey now.
The dirt drives me doolally.

That new people want to buy from westy dealer, or maybe it was a dodgy build like mine was and has water leaks. There’s been a few with issues on water holding tank.
It's probably more to do with the general state of the market Even though I've just bought a new Sven I'm not convinced the price will go up next year (as much as I'd like it to for my residuals) if they want to sell the up-rated Man in the current challenging market conditions they may have to hold the price.

Yes, I liked it too. I ordered my Ocean in Starlight blue, but it was really hard to make the paintwork look good as it showed lots of water marks. After I had done the failed bellows testing with the hosepipe it looked dreadful and even after a thorough wash I struggled to get rid of the watermarks.
So it’s kind of put me off the colour unfortunately :(

If I do get a Joker at some point (and I do really like them) I think I’d try and get a silver one.
Agree had a kombi in that colour absolute nightmare for scratches/swirls.
Silver or indium grey probably the best colours for low maintenance not showing swirls/scratches etc.

It's probably more to do with the general state of the market Even though I've just bought a new Sven I'm not convinced the price will go up next year (as much as I'd like it to for my residuals) if they want to sell the up-rated Man in the current challenging market conditions they may have to hold the price.
They sell them svens faster than they can get them so you can guarantee there will be a price increase, there is every year on westys! Owned jokers for four years and was looking for my first one for over a year. Jokers have nearly doubled in price in that time.

Last edited:
I’ll have a chat with both Campersales and Wanda and see what they can bring to the table.
And go with the best in my eyes.
They both have a grey one coming with fabric seats Sept, but might creep to Oct / Nov.
I told them both, not desperate for it. So can wait. As long as price is fixed and I don’t have a surprise as would want the deposit refunded in full if it goes beyond my budget.
Also they are both around 2.5 / 3 hour drive from my house.
Campersales aftersales is amazing (had issues with joker they dropped everything to get it fixed), couldn’t live with van and they took it back at no loss).
Been a few grumbles on here about wanda (but you may get van cheaper there).

Campersales aftersales is amazing (had issues with joker they dropped everything to get it fixed), couldn’t live with van and they took it back at no loss).
Been a few grumbles on here about wanda (but you may get van cheaper there).
Good to know. Thank you.
Rob & Richard in Germany at the moment doing some “business”
They going to ring me next week for a chat.
Wanda want £5k deposit :oops:
Camper sales only £2k :thumb
So we know who’s going to get the deposit don’t we ;)

They sell them svens faster than they can get them so you can guarantee there will be a price increase is every year on westys! Owned jokers for four years and was looking for my first one for over a year. Jokers have nearly doubled in price in that time.
I also saw the 2022 prices.
They were the same as what they are now.
£90’880
So it’s a no brainer.

Looking at MAN TGE on Autotrader.
4 year old 3.140’s with 275k miles on.
WtF !
And they look clean as a whistle.

Also see converted (not nicely) TGE 3.140 / 180 some are even manuals, going for £125k

Makes the Sven an absolute bargain.

Was sold shortly being advertised, but sat on the dealers website for a while whilst the buyer sold their Beach.
Ah, right. I was searching and it came up yesterday, still on their site but saying sold. Enjoy. :thumb

Good to know. Thank you.
Zoe the real boss.
Only put £2k down when ordering my joker with them, they normally offer to return it if you cancel order (may have to wait until they sell it to someone else though).

Good to know. Thank you.
I put strict caveats on my £5k deposit which the dealer confirmed in an email. My view is if you're definitely having the vehicle the deposit is secondary to the overall cost.

Like you I'm also around 2.5-3 hours from both dealers so I hope I don't have any warranty issues, it's a pain Westfalia don't have more dealers in the UK!

There's a dedicated Sven page on FB which is worth looking in on too!

I put strict caveats on my £5k deposit which the dealer confirmed in an email. My view is if you're definitely having the vehicle the deposit is secondary to the overall cost.

Like you I'm also around 2.5-3 hours from both dealers so I hope I don't have any warranty issues, it's a pain Westfalia don't have more dealers in the UK!

There's a dedicated Sven page on FB which is worth looking in on too!
Very good.

So you’re in the East or West Mids ?
I think with the habitation side, we can fix most things with parts sent.
So I don’t mind that.
What I do like, is the many MAN locations all over and longer working hours and cheaper servicing costs!

Yes looked at FB Sven page setup by CamperVanTime, but it’s a pain to search.
Would be better in a forum style, easy searchable then.

Lovely, must seem a very different experience to the Beach.

Got bored of doing the bedtime shuffle with 3 of us & wife wanted a toilet, but I refused to have a portapotti!. Also means I don't have to drive the inlaws to the pub as there aren't enough seats in the Joker.

Found the roof corrosion on our Beach very annoying as had always had far older vans without the issue.

Plus swapped our second car for an EV about 3 years ago so van gets used very little now for daily driving. That said the Joker is fine is all car parks as the ones we use dont have height bars.

I like it, it already had a professional remap to 170bhp complete with a rolling road test. Bit of noise from the roof when you go past 70mph. Also has a factory tow bar,
So might eventually get an MFT back box to stick SUP’s in + still have use of the tailgate bike rack.

Very light inside due too rooflights, all with mossie screens / blinds. Even the sliding door & beer hatch have an integrated mossie screen.

Huge amount of storage as many large drawers which can be accessed easily, can also slide the bed down in the roof and have a 6ft long storage area above the passengers head, although the roof storage with bed folded is ample. like the fact that it has 2 tables which hardly take up any storage.

….and the fact you can stand up and walk through the van is a bonus!

Last edited:
Will be interested to see what westfalia do with club joker HD next. Hopefully there be another version and not just that urban Ford thing!

I would like to see the nugget plus hightop in the uk if they drop joker due to no base van.

Photos photos photos. Starlight blue is lovely but agree the bugs make it look like a war zone and I’m a clean freak so wash it often!
2dbdbf90f3153d946ea678d0dad112de.jpg

983a3d88b3dee34e9be3cc482b374d10.jpg

d13012ba2b2195ebd8e654a3183289c1.jpg

48074473f1693596be4d10a253cd61b2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk